Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack_su2046
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Truekey Feedback list

Hi Team.

I've had a great experience with Truekey in recent years and am happy to share my feedback to make our lives easier.

First of all, I'm looking forward to the category feature at https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/True-Key/Truekey-feedback-no-1-Categorywise-storing-the-credentials/m-p... since 2019. It looks like this feature is hopeless or forgotten?

Secondly, it would be very helpful if we could copy the stored passwords by scanning the QR code.

Currently:

The desktop is logged into TrueKey, but my phone is not. If I have to log into a website with my phone, I have to log into TrueKey with my phone to get the stored password.

Scenario:

The desktop is logged into TrueKey, but my phone is not. If I have to log into a website with my phone, I should click on the QR code button with the stored password, generate a QR code, and then scan the QR code with my phone. I can then log into the site without having to log into TrueKey from my phone again.

Third, I want to know why I can enter as many password lengths as I want when I sign up for a new account, but I can only enter up to 30 characters on the TrueKey web UI password generator.

Fourth, I have stored passwords not only for website accounts, but also for non-website accounts, such as windows, VM, server account, etc. Since there is no URL name, Truekey must ask me for the URL, so I must enter any URL in it. Is it possible to not enter the URL?

Fifth, is it possible to add a password generator button when I manually creating my password profile?

Finally, because if the password includes an uppercase 'i' and a lowercase 'l', they look very similar and I always type them wrong. Is it possible to exclude some letters when generating passwords?

Also, is it possible to generate truly random characters by using Notepad, for example to open a photo: "8ïî}MbÆÇJ¸I-åÔôû¡ÊÈ>FÔ`ƒT Åsô¢ŠøƒáÏÇOø>ñaÔ/&×´r~h®˜ù©îŽrHúWÙ^׬¼Máû-cK“Ì´»ŒH§¸õS Õ¢Š) QE QEñA|E# …Óç$Û6®ö[9ø5¤ûK8ÿ ȍ]§Ä°[á牂òN›qûöÕÇþÌ1¾h᱓$çúêßáO ©ER ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š( ¢Š(=µ‹E×ÓFi1|öÆéSÕ'ó"´+Á~>Zxš÷â?„bðϼm.wJ¬$;“%‰ã®u¼+ñûqð‘'ÅÊsÿ ŽU(ÜW>œ¢¾O·¶øçqâkÝ?§YÛÇs!2Æc’g'**³w¡þÐImp_T‘Õ’x2ÃÛŽ´r°¹ôŸ†uÛ?" 

Since these characters are so rare, it is almost impossible to decipher them.

I hope they will be implemented soon. Thank you for your time.

2 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Truekey Feedback list

Hi @Jack_su2046,

Thank you for taking your time in writing to us. We value your feedback and suggestions in improving the product experience with True Key. We will share this feedback to our development team so that it could be considered on the future road maps.

Thanks,
Avinash.

TorstenH
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Truekey Feedback list

I started using True Key a couple of months ago. Today I came across a major issue that caused me hours of additional work. I was never so annoyed by a passwort manager.

I installed True Key on the PC of my mother and after I finished changed the password for her email account. I used the automatic key generation True Key provides. What happend now is True Key replaced the old password with the new generated one in its access data. Unfortunally there was a communication error with the side of the email provider and the password for the account was not reseted.

So I ended up with a sitaution where your True Key software overwrote the actual password of an e-mail account! And there seems to be no password history. Now I'm still locked in to the E-Mail account but can not change the password because your tool erased that actual Password.

Of course my mother didn't updated her phone number for password reseting for years! Took me several hours to fix this.

As someone working in SW development for 15 years: How unproffesional does a company has to be to allow a simple communication error between two PCs in a network to lead to irrecoverable loss of critical data? I'm paying you for saving and protecting accessdata not for erasing them!

Don't waste my time telling me how sorry you're! Fix your software! A simple history where the last password is stored would prevent such issues. Its not that hard.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community