cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RWA
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

TrueKey stopped auto loggin in

True Key has always worked well for me, until today. I turn my machine off everyday and log into TrueKey when I start the machine back up in the morning.

This morning I logged in as usual, the TK dashboard is open and I can see all my passwords, however when I go a a website (either opening it via Chrome, or from within the TK dashboard), it's as though TK doesn't exist - no auto population, no different login account details etc.

I've reinstalled the Chrome extension, but this hasn't made a difference.

What has gone wrong & what is the solution?

Thanks

7 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: TrueKey stopped auto loggin in

Good morning RWA,

So have you tried different of the logins you have stored in your launchpad so we can validate that it is not an issue with the website itself but really with the True Key Chrome extension?

Also would you mind telling me on what device you are using the True Key Chrome extension as well as the True Key version?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

RWA
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Marc, 

Yes, the logins work when manually typed into the website. 

I use  HP Laptop with Windows. 

Version no is 4.1.0-9573

as I say, it worked fine yesterday!

Thanks 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hi RWA,

Can you please confirm that if you go to all your stored logins websites, instant login does not work or is t with just specific websites that True Key is not auto logging you any more?

If it is websites specific and not the whole instant login feature, please let me know which sites are not doing the instant login.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

hatethis
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I have to remove and reinstall the TrueKey Chrome extension multiple times a day to restore auto loggin and auto capture.  It fails intermittently with all my sites but the most consistent failure is with my bank.  It works once immediately after I reboot and then stops.   

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

It sounds like the issue is website specific and not with our TK browser extension. Did you submit the websites that are failing to auto-logging you using the True Key blue icon on the right top hand side of your Chrome browser, if you right click on it, and go to the second link of True Key by McAfee you can use that drop-down menu to send us the websites that did not logged you in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

RWA
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Seems to have magically started working again now!?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Do you mean the websites you had issues auto-logging in are now working?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community