Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 17

Re: TrueKey passwords disappeared

Hi Gustavo,

First off, since you said that passwords are still present on your desktop app, you should do a backup of it in case of anything, by exporting it in the True Key settings to a .CSV file.

Also, let me ask the same questions I asked earlier Manxman.

I would also like to know when you first saw the issue what was changed in your account (did you reinstall the app, added a new device, etc.?). Let me know the versions of your True Key app if it is used as a desktop standalone program or if they are with the browser extensions I would like to know which browser it is as well as its version.

Finally, tell me how many devices/system (models and operating systems versions)  have been trusted and in use with the True Key app.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 17

Hi @marcd ,

I've faced this issue couple weeks ago when I switched the Security Level from basic to Advanced. I'm using TrueKey mobile app on iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.0.1and on a macOS Catalina 10.15.7 as a trusted devices. 

Thanks

Gustavo

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 17

Hi Gustavo,

If you change the security level back from advanced to basic, do you see the passwords on your iPhone?

In other words, can you reproduce this or was this a one-time event and since then you can not see your passwords on your mobile?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 14 of 17

@marcd, I already tried to switched back to basic security but it didn't work. This was an one-time event and since then I can't see my password and notes. Already tried to reinstall the app but the issue persists. 

thanks

Gustavo

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 17

Hi Gustavo,

Yes this is a very strange situation, please confirm if it is true but you never lost any passwords or safe notes on your MAC True Key app, correct?

Good news is that we are in the midst of releasing a new version for the iOS mobile app, 14.0.2 that should be released from today to next Tuesday or so. I will certainly investigate this further but let's wait until you receive the next version and we will asses if this makes any difference.

What I don't totally understand now is that if you never lost anything on your desktop, it is not an account widespread issue which would indicate an issue with the mobile device, but since you reinstalled it on it, it is more strange.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 16 of 17

Correct @marcd. I'm sure that I have all my passwords and notes on the desktop app. Just to give you more details about this issue, this happens on the Wallet - Credit Cards Notes and Memberships Notes . On Launchpad, the passwords from websites are stored and working.  

I'll wait for this next version and let you know about the results.

thanks

Gustavo

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 17

Hi Gustavo,

Quick question, what happens if you create a new password asset on TK in your MAC? does this password not appear on the iPhone?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community