cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leepnet
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

TrueKey passwords disappeared

Hi everyone, I'd appreciate any help with an issue I'm having.

I'm using TrueKey Chrome extension. I successfully reset my Master Password, but when I logged back in, all my passwords from my various Logins had disappeared. The name, URL, and logins are all there, but the passwords are gone. I've also lost my Safe Notes and Wallet items.

I've been on hold with phone support for 1 hour and 8 minutes.

Anyone able to help?

Tomy

16 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 17

Re: TrueKey passwords disappeared

Can 1 of you assist please

leepnet
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Anyone have any ideas?

I've been on hold with support for >2 hours now.

Tommy

Manxman
Contributor II
Message 4 of 17

I have the same problem.  I've been connected to Consumer Support for more than three hours without response.  I think this is unacceptable. 

I've given up.

Manxman
Contributor II
Message 5 of 17

I've tried again today and been on hold for two hours and still no response from Consumer Support!!

Does anyone know of another way to contact Consumer Support?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 17

Hi there,

In order to reach out to our support team, please click on the following link:

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp

When you get to this link, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the “contact support” link, then click on “technical assistance”, click on PC or MAC and this will take you to the contacting support either by chat or phone. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

Manxman
Contributor II
Message 7 of 17

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I've already done what you suggested. That was exactly how I contacted Consumer Support and subsequently ended up waiting as I've already posted.

Being denied access to your passwords is potentially a critical problem so I am not at all happy with McAfee.

Thank you again for trying to help.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 17

Good morning,

I can certainly try to better understand the issue so I can help. Can you provide all the details of the issue you are experiencing?

Also please let me know how many passwords (assets) you have in your account and if you have any backup of these on a .CSV file (if they have been exported previously).

I would also like to know when you first saw the issue what was changed in your account (did you reinstall the app, added a new device, etc.?). Let me know the versions of your True Key app if it is used as a desktop standalone program or if they are with the browser extensions I would like to know which browser it is as well as its version.

Finally, tell me how many devices/system have been trusted and in use with the True Key app.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Manxman
Contributor II
Message 9 of 17

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid my faith in McAfee Consumer Support had failed completely so I sought help from another source.

Truekey is now working again.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 17

Hey @Manxman manxman, I’m facing the same issue here... all my passwords and notes stored on my mobile device have gone.  I can still access them on desktop app. 
What was the solution ?

thanks

#truekey

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community