cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ee1242
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

TrueKey keeps prompting to accept license agreement before allowing facial recognition

On August 13th I upgraded to the latest version of Macafee True Key.

Now every time before I am able to login to my Windows 10 laptops using facial recognition I have to click the "Agree, let's go" button before being able to login with my face.

This keeps happening on all three of my Windows 10 computers where I have True Key installed. How can I change or fix this so I will stop being prompted over and over? I never had this issue before I upgraded on August 13th.

12 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 13

Re: TrueKey keeps prompting to accept license agreement before allowing facial recognition

Good morning,

Can you please send me a short vdeo or screenshots capture of the steps before you are prompted to accept the license agreement.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13

Re: TrueKey keeps prompting to accept license agreement before allowing facial recognition

I have been experiencing the exact same problem since the recent update. Contacted McAfee support via Chat and let them try to fix it via remote connection. They couldn't figure out how to fix it, so have escalated the problem to be sorted out by a senior support tech in a few days.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 13

Can you please confirm on which browser you are using your True key account. Please also let me the the True Key version you were upgraded to and fnally send me a screenshot of the license agreement popup you are prompted to accept.

Thanks,

Marc D.

DrMatt
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I have the same annoying issue.  This is NOT about a BROWSER add on.  This is about the WINDOWS LOGIN.  When I swipe to log in, it used to go straight to the facial recognition page.  Now there is a dark gray page that says Hi There, and makes me accept the Terms each time that I attempt to login to Windows.  Almost defeats the purposes of using facial recognition over my password because I have to take time to go click the Accept button.  I have V 3.1.9211.0

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 13

I assumed it had something to do with the recent automatic update to version 5.1.158.1 (for Windows). However, if you're using the older version 3.1.9211.0 and experiencing the same problems, then it may be an issue with the McAfee True Key Servers.

The reason I mention this is because I ran the update to 5.1.158.1 again and it did something unusual. I must admit that I saw the same error the first time True Key recently updated, but I didn’t think much about it at the time. Immediately after running the update, True Key asked me to sign in (either create a new profile, or sign in to an existing profile). As I have been using True Key for quite a while, I entered my username and password. However, a pop-up box with a RED title bar (red is not something users like to see when installing software) appeared "Hmm, not able to connect. There seems to be a problem connecting to True Key Servers. Try again, or sign in offline using your master password."

I selected 'Try again', and was asked to enter my username and password again (same screen as before), yet the same red popup error appeared. I tried again and again, but kept getting the same red error box.

Finally, I selected "Sign in offline" and was presented with my normal True Key application interface for Windows PC - EXCEPT - in the top-right corner (next to the True Key log on/off icon), it displayed a black rectangular button containing an icon of a white 'cloud' with a red X through the middle, and the word "OFFLINE". I clicked on the button and it asked me to log in. It asked for my username and password again had the same 'problem connecting to True Key Servers' error as mentioned above.

I rebooted my PC and was once again presented with the prompt to accept the True Key license before it allowed me to access my PC using facial recognition. Obviously, re-installing the software did not fix the problem.

However, after manually opening the True Key application (because it didn’t start when Windows started – although it should), this time it showed me as logged in.

This is another (related) problem that we have been experiencing lately. Instead of keeping True Key 'alive' for the time period that we selected in the application settings (I usually select ‘7 days’), the program requires a manual start by clicking on the True Key icon in the start menu, and of course the annoying username and password every time.

Despite the program settings, True Key does not automatically load with Windows, so you won’t find it in the lower-right Task Bar until you manually open the program. Be careful - if you close the True Key program instead of relegating it to the task bar, you will have to manually open it and verify all over again.

Now I’m wondering if the problem is with the software update or the True Key servers? The errors encountered during True Key installation and the problems where True Key ‘forgets’ that you have already signed-in, seem to point to the latter.

Help requests have started appearing on forums and tech sites recently, so it seems that more and more people are experiencing these same problems.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 13

Good morning,

Can you please send me a short vdeo or screenshots capture of the steps before you are prompted to accept the license agreement.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 13

Please send an email to truekeysupport@mcafee.com, we would need more details on what's going on, if you can send me a video capture of the issue it would be awesome, i would need to provide me with your True Kery email address account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 13

I know that you are running the Ms Edge browser and the version 3.1.9211.0 should also be the latest.

I need to get the screeshots or a video capture when you are trying to launch the login.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 13

Regarding the issue of needing to accept the license prior of logging to your True Key account.                I wanted to update you on this issue you reported and this will be fixed with a software update due to be released from tomorrow onwards for a few more days to ensure you have received this update.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community