cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TKSoapy
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

TrueKey is driving me mad!

I have been using Truekey for years and until recently it performed reasonably well.  As time passed, the recognition that a password was being requested got worse and worse until it is now non-existent on my PC android phone and iPad.  That wasn't too much of a problem because I could always copy and paste the username / emailaddress/password with good success.  More recently however, the copy and past route no longer works either.  So I am left with a host of different, complex, long password saved in TrueKey which I now have to transcribe to a notes page and then enter manually.  So basically the process is more trouble than it is worth.  When it does work (rarely) it is excellent but when it doesn't it is infuriating,  On those sites that you can view the password has been entered, you can see that it is correct but you get an incorrect email / password message.  To add insult to injury, I often find that the process HAS in fact work, it's just that the page stalls on the password input page and the correct outcome is evidenced either by the appearance of a screen,  hidden behind the stalled password input screen, showing that the password was successful.  Alternatively, the next time I look at my emails I find several confirmation emails of success showing that the password worked.  This is common to nearly all sites I have to enter passwords for these days. On my iiPad one of the suggestions is to delete and re-install TK but there is an onimous message which says it will delete the data as well as the app !  So I daren't do that lest it deletes the data everywhere on all devices.

H

9 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 10

Re: TrueKey is driving me mad!

Hi @TKSoapy 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused; we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support request

Regards,
Edward Franso

TKSoapy
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

A picture paints a thousand words.  I followed the above request and got to here.. I don't know what you want me to do; the link brought me back here.  rather than launch a chat??

IMG_0253.png

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hello @TKSoapy 

if i watch your screen image i notice there are 2 tabpages available in the webbrowser;

1. Contact Mcafee Customersupport

and

2. Mcafee Unified Authency that opens id.mcafee.com

my question;

when you have the 1  tabpage in the browser open did you click on one of the available options like Technical support, Refund, Renewal ect  and did that open the second tabpage visible in your screen image ?

or did you click on Sign in at top of the page when you click on the McAfee Customersupport link ?

TKSoapy
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Neither; I clicked on 'Login' at the top middle of the page

TKSoapy
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

The point I am making is that I couldn't TK to login to McAfee.
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

thanks for your update.

i understand your issue and the point you make with the screen image.

but for receiving support you don't need to be logged in.

if you click on the Support link the McAfee mod posted above the page that opens shows several options as i mentioned above.

if you click in this case for Technical help it shows on my end option for Chat and Phone and Community Help.

Chat and Phone are both currently greyd out since there is no live support during saturdays and sundays on my end.

during workingdays and office hours Chat and Phone support are active and when you click for Chat option for example it will than open a seperate window without having to be signed in to your McAfee account.

if you choose to use that Chat option you could best refer to this topic of yours where they can read and check the images aswell you posted and try to solve the issue.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Hello,

i have noticed that you have image inserted in your message above.

coulld you perhaps let know what steps you did to get this done image inserted  ?

TKSoapy
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I just pasted a screenshot from my picture gallery
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

thanks for your reaction.

am i correct that you did not use one of the Body icons above like the Camera icon for instance when typing your message ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community