cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coffeeroaster10
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

TrueKey for Firefox on macOS dropped Face recognition as choices for authentication

My wife and I have been using TrueKey before it was acquired by McAfee for its ability to accept biometrics (Face recognition on Mac, Face recognition and/or Finger Print on iPhone). It's browser support was advertised for both Firefox and Chrome and we used both. About a year ago, we were having intermittent issues with TrueKey extension on Firefox and we stopped using Firefox when we needed the TrueKey extension.

Recently, because of Google obnoxious policy of harvesting user information, I tried using Firefox again. Understandably, our Firefox browser has had at least one or two updates, but I found out that the TrueKey extension kept coming up asking me to enter my Master Password. When I went into TrueKey Profile Preferences I found out that TrueKey extension for Firefox no longer allow 'Face' as a factor to verify it's me trying to sign in, whether I choose Basic or Advanced security level.

Since McAfee is actually Intel Security Group, I'm very disappointed that they would reduce functionality in a product without early warning and cause users such as my wife to lose some functions we counted on after we have bought or renewed our annual subscription.

1 Reply
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: TrueKey for Firefox on macOS dropped Face recognition as choices for authentication

Good morning,

Face recognition with the True Key extension on the Firefox browser was really never implemented, as far as I can remember it was never an option we had.

Do you have any web links confirming support for face recognition on the Firefox browser with True Key?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community