cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedUp_With_TK
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

TrueKey doesn't remember my email address

I set up an account for TrueKey.  I entered the Master Password.  I received an email from McAfee to confirm.  I did and was accepted.  When I click on the TrueKey icon on the Microsoft Edge browser, it starts the process all over again.  TEN TIMES I have been around that circle.  I closed down the system and rebooted.  Now when I attempt to lof into my account, I get a "That Won't Work" error message when I enter my email address.

I entered a second email address and got a whole new set of screens.  I got to the landing page and actually got TrueKey to capture my Amazon account.  I closed my browser, then reopened it and clicked on the TrueKey icon.  Now True key gives me the same "That won't Work" with the new email address.

I am waiting 48 hours for my problem to be escalated.  It's a shame level-2 staff are not on duty 24-7.

1 Reply
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: TrueKey doesn't remember my email address

The fact that you are getting the same error message with both accounts confirms to me an issue with the client you are using, in this case either the Edge browser or the system you are using.

I would suggest to rule out the issue with your browser client by installing True Key with Chrome, obviously if it works there and lets you log in, the issue will stay with the MS Edge browser.

Let's do this first and I will help you from there.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community