cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DL2
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

TrueKey Windows 10 login support

Hi, I can't use TrueKey for my Windows 10 laptop login (Hello incompatible due to normal webcam). Is Windows Hello a pre-requisite to support this login? 

Is there any other method support by TrueKey?

6 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: TrueKey Windows 10 login support

Good morning,

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just your face or fingerprint. Once Windows Hello has been enabled it can be linked to your True Key  app leveraging the power of Windows Hello by adding an extra layer of security to your True Key profile using Windows Hello verification factors.

Having said that, face recognition can work with most webcams but i have seen issues with older cameras that have drivers too old for Win 10 and therefore not compatible with our app, Intel RealSense camera.s in general are pretty compatible with Win 10 (Windows Hello) and with True Key.

More specifically to your question, other than face recognition with these cameras, if your system has a fingerprint reader that could be another security authentication factor and again this could also be enabled through Windows Hello as I said before. If you cannot use face recognition and fingerprint as login methods to your True Key account, using the master password would probably be the only active authentication factor available to you.

Master Password being your only active authentication factor would probably require a combination of passive authentication factors such as a 2nd device and/or email.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

DL2
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Marc, thanks for the information. TrueKey works well for my browsers login ( Facebook, gmail, yahoo logins). However, without an IR camera, my Windows 10 device is not able to support Hello as it's using a normal integrated webcam.

Can I login to windows 10 using TrueKey directly using the current integrated webcam instead of Hello whereby I need to buy a separate Hellos compatible IR camera?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

If Windows Hello is added in your True Key app it can then once you log in to your Win 10 system, unlock your True Key account. Unfortunately the only way to login to Windows 10 is setting up Windows Hello, Windows Hello requires special sensors for face and iris detection, only available on new Windows 10 devices hence the need of a realsense camera. 

You can also setup face recognition directly within True Key settings without setting up Windows Hello, so it wont work to log you in the system but it should work to log you in the True Key app using facial recognition.

I hope this help,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

I wanted to make sure I had answer all your questions regarding the integration of Windows Hello with True Key specifically adding the face recognition with a camera supported by the Windows 10 operating system. In case, I have not please provide me with your Windows 10 build version.

Thanks,

Marc D.

DL2
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Marc, there is no economic sense to buy an external camera to support Windows 10 Hello whereby TrueKey works well on integrated camera.
I tested on my laptop (Hello incompatible) and I saw TrueKey icon in my login page with the function 'Log in with your face'. I scanned my face and it didn't log me in but I managed to login using my Windows password via the TrueKey module.

My Windows build 17134.

Thanks.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Understood, as long you can still use your credentials to log in to your system and face or master password to get in to your True Key app is still acceptable.

Thanks,

Marc D

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community