Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 35

Re: TrueKey Safe Notes not sorting alphabetically

Yup I knew that, can you try to load the True Key extension on Edge and see if the issue is corrected on this browser? I will check ETA for the Chrome extension first for you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

s011jan
Contributor II
Message 22 of 35

I installed the Edge extension (version 3.1.9211.0) and the Safe Notes do not sort correctly in that browser either.  It appears to sort T, N, B, S...

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 35

Good morning,

Just to confirm you are seeing that on both Chrome and Edge when you change the sorting order and choose to sort by alphabetical order, you are not seeing your safe notes being order by A-Z which is the first level sorting? The second level sorting is within a group of "A" all notes would be sorted again like aa, ab, ac,...az.

Please let me know if for both Edge and Chrome you are referring to the first level sorting, to verify this change the sorting to the date and go back to sort it by alphabetical order, and if it is not sorting please provide a screenshot (I dont need to have any of your data details), I just want to show that it is defintely not doing what it is expected to do.

Finally confirm to me the True Key Edge extension version and the True Key Chrome extension version.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Tamu
Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Hello, 

I'm using chrome extension version 3.1.9211.

I took a screenshot but don't see an optionfor uploading images, so here is my "alphabetical order":

• S
  • A
  • O
  • H
  • M
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • E
  • F
  • G
  • I
  • K
  • L
  • N
  • P
  • R
  • T
  • W
  • Z

As you can see, the first 5 letters are wrong and then it is generally correct afterwards.

Tamu

Tamu
Contributor
Message 25 of 35

I looked back at my previous post from 3 months ago, it looks like my alphabetical order has changed. It was previously: G-S-O-H-M-B-C-D-E-F-A-I-K-L-N-P-R-T-W-Z
s011jan
Contributor II
Message 26 of 35

Marc, I changed the sort by to date and then back to alphabetical as you requested and the Safe Notes are not sorting alphabetically at either the first or second level.  I took screen shots with my data obfuscated and attched them for your reference.

FYI - the images are from the Chrome Extension (v3.1.9211), but the Edge extension (v3.1.9211.0) is sorted identically.

2018-11-14 13_44_48 - True Key Safe Notes (1 of 4).jpg2018-11-14 13_48_37 - True Key Safe Notes (2 of 4).jpg2018-11-14 13_52_04 - True Key Safe Notes (3 of 4).jpg2018-11-14 13_55_07 - True Key Safe Notes (4 of 4).jpg

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 35

So it is as if something was done but obviously not enough to fix it. I am good with all the information you have provided and I did escalate this since last night and we are now investigating what it is happening here. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks for reporting it to me.

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 35

Thanks so much this is really helpful, since you reported this to me yesterday, i have asked my development team to investigate, it is obvious that something was missed with the fix release.

I will get back to you as soon as we have more clarity on the issue.

Thanks again,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 29 of 35

Good morning,

The sorting issue in the Safe Notes has been fixed, and it has been fixed for already several weeks, but this fix has not yet been released and that is why you are not seeing it on your app.

I will push to try to make it part of an upcoming release but  honestly we are at a time of the year where releasing new builds is more complicated, as soon as I will get an ETA on this release I will let you know.

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 30 of 35

Good morning Tamu,

The sorting issue in the Safe Notes has been fixed, and it has been fixed for already several weeks, but this fix has not yet been released and that is why you are not seeing it on your app.

I will push to try to make it part of an upcoming release but  honestly we are at a time of the year where releasing new builds is more complicated, as soon as I will get an ETA on this release I will let you know.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community