Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldlink
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

TrueKey MFA verification not working

Jump to solution

I've just reinstalled Windows and now when I try to log in to True Key in Chrome I am able to enter the username and password, but I get the MFA message saying it's sent a notification to my 'other device' but IU don't get any notifications. I've tried using the e-mail option which I received and successfully authenticated but when I try to log in it keeps doing the MFA. 

How do I log in if MFA isn't working?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oldlink
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re: TrueKey MFA verification not working

Jump to solution

I've resolved this now, what I did was try to log in using a different browser (Edge), which accepted the verification e-mail link. Once done, I updated the MFA settings, set the second device (my phone), as disabled, then re-enabled. After that all the notifications began to work so I was able to login and verify in Chrome. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @Oldlink 

We apologize for the inconvenient situation, McAfee is aware of this issue and it should be resolved right now, please check and confirm the status of the issue.

Regards,
Rajiv S

jason_rey
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

What is the source of the problem? Is there a security/data breach that broke the connectivity to Truekey servers? As most of Our important and sensitive credentials are stored in True key hoping that they'll be secured as this product is backed by a well known antivirus company. How can Mcafee assure us that our data is safe and not breached? 

Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @jason_rey ,

We are extremely sorry that you had issues in accessing your credentials, Mcafee is constantly working on providing the best security & support possible, but we can assure you that this it is not a security/data breach. Just to keep you informed that details in Truekey can only be decrypted from your end that to if it authenticated with login credentials and two factor authentication from customer end. to know more about Truekey we kindly suggest you to look into the below support articles.

FAQs for True Key: Master Password

FAQs for True Key: Multifactor Authentication

Regards,
Rajiv S

Oldlink
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I've resolved this now, what I did was try to log in using a different browser (Edge), which accepted the verification e-mail link. Once done, I updated the MFA settings, set the second device (my phone), as disabled, then re-enabled. After that all the notifications began to work so I was able to login and verify in Chrome. 

Tags (1)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community