Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 17

Re: True key throws an error in the event log after every reboot

Jump to solution

Absolutely Chris and I am extremely grateful that you reported it to me. As a matter of fact, I have already started investigating this and will talk to our developers to better understand the source of the problem.

Can I ask you one more thing, and that is to provide me with the versions of Win 10 (build #), True Key app version, Chrome version, and finally the True Key Chrome extension version.

Again, thanks for letting me know this and for going to great lengths  to eradicate this issue that was not affecting the app functionality but still felt that was important enough to report.

I will look into this I will provide you with any updates that come my way regarding this.

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Chris_1977
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Jump to solution

Here is the requested info:

Windows 10 build - version 1809 OS build 17763.437

True Key version - 5.3.1.38.1

Chrome version- 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

True Key Chrome extension version - 3.1.9219

Regards

Chris

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will get back to you once I hear more updates on this.

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

I just sent you an email as we need to gather more details so we can better understand why you are seeing this error in the log file.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Chris,

We will investigate the logs you sent us, as soon as I hear back from or dev team regarding this, I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi there,

We analyzed the logs and could see some errors but unrelated to the behavior you reported.

Would you be able to share the crash dumps ? It will be saved under c:\dumps. 

Also there could be a silent crash, we would need to check the event viewer logs.

Can you send them to me along with the crash dump to "truekeysupport@mcafee.com"

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi there,

You might have missed my last reply to you but in order to proceed and find out what really is going on here we would need some additional information.

We analyzed the logs and could see some errors but unrelated to the behavior you reported.

Would you be able to share the crash dumps ? It will be saved under c:\dumps. 

Also there could be a silent crash, we would need to check the event viewer logs.

Can you send them to me along with the crash dump to "truekeysupport@mcafee.com"

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community