cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syned19
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

True key not working

Once again True key stopped working and no company message was sent to report the problem. Are McAfee/True key servers really secure? I am a user who pays a subscription annualy but I am skeptical about the security offered by this application. I would like to be reassured otherwise I will close my account.

13 Replies
sumo232
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: True key not working

I would like to add that I have True Key installed on multiple platforms (Edge browser and IOS) and I have not been able to log in on any of them.
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 14

Hi @syned19 

We are truly sorry for the trouble caused.

McAfee is aware of this issue and our Engg team is currently investigating on the root cause.

In the meantime, please try to use True Key without internet to retrieve any password for instance.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

Mo_Edwards
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

You and me both, what is going on?
J_Teuwen
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

It seems to be a worldwide problem since last Friday.
Why does McAfee not have the politeness to inform its customers.
The service desk is only confirming the worldwide problem (servers down) without giving a time frame to resolution. It is not possible to use the app off-line all of the time. Very annoying!
Gapster
Contributor III
Message 6 of 14

Unfortunately the offline option is not available on my iphone, unless I'm missing something?

johnyM
Contributor II
Message 7 of 14

This does it for me. I'm switching to another service.
Problems since last friday, no updates, no communications, useless tips (offline mode not working) , nothing to help out paying customers, .... I think McAfee has died along with its founder.

sumo232
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

The same thing happened to me. If you search for it through the search box it doesn't work, but if you hit LAUNCHPAD and search alphabetically you can access the password.

VicMcG
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Still not working, sort it out!

What is the point of having a password keeper app, when you cannot access it.

I cannot log into work websites cause I don't know the passwords!!

Gapster
Contributor III
Message 10 of 14

Looks like it's back up. Yay, yay, yay ... now let's all look for another product and transfer all our logins.

It's a new day, lets celebrate. some options to look into (in no particular order)

• keepass
  • 1Password
  • LastPass
  • Keeper
  • Dashlane
  • Bitwarden

I have used keepass for the pass ten years (on Linux and Windows), it's good but not intuitive, requires 3rd party apps for mobile. I use mine strictly on the desktop. I only used truekey cause it was part the suite, but after this year I'm moving on. I never tried any of the other applications. Any thoughts?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community