M16AndPregnant
Contributor II
Message 1 of 9

True key keeps logging out and it's highly annoying

Okay my version of true key is 5.3.138.1

Browser is firefox most recent update.

My settins are set to not remove me for 7 days

Windows 10 home OS Build 17134.766

Subscription satus is premium through my BT package i have, (doesnt feel premium when it keeps logging me out)

Every day I'm constantly having to relog into TrueKey, it keeps shutting down. It shuts down when I'm using my pc throughout the day. If i restart it then relog into Truekey, it will again shut the app down randomly throughout the day.

Why does it keep doing this?

8 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: True key keeps logging out and it's highly annoying

Hi there,

Quick question, when you are finish using the True Key app, do you normally shut down the system or is it running in sleep mode?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

M16AndPregnant
Contributor II
Message 3 of 9

My machine gets powered on in the morning, i log into truekey my machine isnt switched off or on sleep mode, until i switch the actualy pc off at night when i go to bed, yet truekey continues to log me out multiple times a day when its powered on. 

i leave the actual program on my second monitor showing and then it just shuts the program off itself.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

Understood, let me look into this and will get back to you when i have any updates regarding this,.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

M16AndPregnant
Contributor II
Message 5 of 9

Thank's I'd appreciate that, hopefully it will get ressolved.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

I am pretty confident that it will get resolved at one point as I know about this issue on and off where different teams have tried to reproduce it.

What I am less sure off is the timeline when it will get fixed, as we have other priorities we will be facing  within the next few months. But having said that, I will be pushing this issue for final resolution. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

Michaelmic23-
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Did you ever find a solution?
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 9

Good morning,

Please let me know what is the platform where you have True Key install on?

Which browser are you using and have you ensured that in this browser settings, you are not emptying the cache on the exit of the browser?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Vivian13
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

This happens to me even though I have specified the maximum 7 days.  It is not after every shutoff but most of the time the past few weeks.  I used to be able to stay connected.  I am using Microsoft Edge browser.

Please report this to McAfee True Key tech support and let us stay connected into TrueKey.  Thank you,

Vivian

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community