cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newhit57
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

True Key

What a waste of space. I log in to True Key and see the "spray" icon top corner. Whenever I go to a website requiring authentication, and try to log in, the "True Key tab" appears and requires me to log in again...........with email confirmation! This happens at every website requiring me to log in. I tried to see if this was a "one off" for each required website but..........yep.........the same procedure was required everytime I went back.  So, instead of using one pwd and username for my websites requiring said info, I now have to use two pwds and two usernames for each requiring website.............Oh, yes!...........with required email confirmation every time!!

5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: True Key

Would it be possible to get more information regarding the client you are using to access your True Key account?

First of all, if you need me to assist you I would need to a few key things, such as,.type of platform/ system being used: mobile, MAC or Windows.

Also, is your True Key account being opened on a browser and if it is which one is it. Would it be possible to know the True Key extension version and finally  have you tried the same with an alternative True Key browser extension (Chrome, Firefox or MS Edge).

Thanks 

Marc D.

newhit57
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I'm not going down that route again! I've already used an online adviser, who couldn't even download the app!...............Yes, it was with Microsoft Edge!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

I dont know what you meant by an online adviser, I'm the engineering support lead and I want to help you to resolve the issue asap.

If Edge is the browser you are using to connect to your True Key account, please confirm to me that you dont have Edge set to clear the cache upon exiting the browser (as shown on this picture):

If it is, this will certainly wipe all your browser session credentials and will force you to authenticate again everytime you start a new session.

Thanks,

Marc D.

newhit57
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

One of the "McAfee" advisers couldn't get the app. He took control of my pc and could not get the app. I had to google this and that until I finally got "Microsoft Store". But, after trying this and that, I was still borked.
 I'm happy with "Mcafee  AV". I'm not going anywhere else. "C'est la vie."

Thanx anyway.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

The True Key app on Edge can be downloaded from the MS store, but regarding the issue you posted earlier it is probably that Edge is set to delete all the cache upon exiting the browser as I said yesterday.

True Key can also be installed on the Chrome and Firefox browsers as well, just use your preferred browser and download the app from www.truekey.com

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community