Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnba2000
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

True Key support for Safari

Jump to solution

I've been a Password Box supporter for years. Also been a Mac user for years. After 8 months of notice that Password Box is migrating to True Key I decided to switch. Now I can't access my passwords as Password Box won't allow sign in (in Safari) and True Key doesn't support Safari (after 8 months into the transition).

How long will I have to look up and type in my passwords before True Key works like Password Box? I already felt good will to TK because of the 3 years license that was given to PB users  but I'm not feeling very loyal based on this experience. PB convinced me to move to larger, more random passwords but if I'm still typing them in at the middle of July I'll have to start looking for other solutions.

Help me help you by supporting Safari.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Re: True Key support for Safari

Jump to solution

Speaking with the True Key team this morning, I was able to confirm  that Safari on Mac is NOT currently supported (Safari on iOS is supported).  FWIW, getting True Key working with Safari on Mac is in the long term plan.

For now, True Key *is* supported on Chrome and Firefox on Mac.  I use Chrome on my Mac and it works extremely well with True Key; I'd suggest trying out either Chrome or Firefox until the True Key team supports Safari on Mac.

HTH

Doug

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

I have asked a tech to comment.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Speaking with the True Key team this morning, I was able to confirm  that Safari on Mac is NOT currently supported (Safari on iOS is supported).  FWIW, getting True Key working with Safari on Mac is in the long term plan.

For now, True Key *is* supported on Chrome and Firefox on Mac.  I use Chrome on my Mac and it works extremely well with True Key; I'd suggest trying out either Chrome or Firefox until the True Key team supports Safari on Mac.

HTH

Doug

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Doug that was what I thought was the case.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Locking this discussion as it has been 'Correctly Answered'.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
buu2u2
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

it is a shame McAfee does not take the effort to make a safari extension for macs.  McAfee is one of the less than five password manager programs that has not made an extension.  Lastpass, Norton, Kaspersky, and others all have working extensions for their password modules.  Why can't you do the same McAfee?  Don't you want the mac consumer to use your product?   The facts are True Key works great, but you must stay a PC consumer, never stray into mac territory.  And please don't try to show you actually care by saying it works on chrome on a mac.  I have a mac.  I want to use Safari.  Your product should support Safari.  These are the reasons why I along with other mac users left McAfee and migrated to either Norton, Kaspersy, and other companies who understand to be the best you need to cover all your bases.  Wake up McAfee.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I fully agree with you that True Key should also be supported on Safari.

I will again keep conveying the need to have a native MAC browser supported with TK, I can honestly tell you that we are working on new priorities but as I said I can only make sure to keep telling our dev team to include this in the road map for the near future.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community