cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saosinfangirl04
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

True Key suddenly does not work - Problem connectiong to the True Key servers

Hey. I get this error message. - "Hmm, not able to connect. There seems to be a  problem connectiong to the True Key servers." Offline I can log in.

I'm getting this problem on my ASUS desktop, Windows Surface Pro 4 (Chrome and Edge externsions) and iPhone 7 plus (IOS app).

What happened???

8 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: True Key suddenly does not work - Problem connectiong to the True Key servers

We are aware of connectivity issues currently with True Key.  We are working towards a solution and will provide an update once one is available. 

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 9

Re: True Key suddenly does not work - Problem connectiong to the True Key servers

Please try again to connect and let me know if you are still having issues to login in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

The issue should be fixed right now. Close the app and retry login 

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

lakeshore
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

11/22/2018.  

True Key suddenly does not work - Problem connecting to the True Key servers

I get this error message. - "Hmm, not able to connect. There seems to be a  problem connecting to the True Key servers." Offline I can log in.

I'm getting this problem on my Dell desktop, Windows 10 (Chrome externsion).  True Key works fine on Edge browser.  Only having issue on the Chrome browser.

Please help!!!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

Good morning,

Can you please let me know if you are still having issues logging into True Key from your Chrome browser?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 9

I wanted to provide an update on this issue regarding the standalone desktop app and the networking connection issues experienced with it.

We have already isolated the issue and the fix is planned to be released as of next Monday, December 3rd, 2018, unless if you have obtained True Key through a partner offering in which case you will be receiving the fix next Thrusday, December 6th, 2018, but the majority of our users will be getting it next Monday.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

ktm
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Marc - Looks like there a number of topics for the same True Key Offine issue that was just fixed with the lasted update released this week. I know some users received the update Monday but others, like me, are just receiving it today,  12/6/18.

Just wondering if all the forum topic questions for this same questions can be merged?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 9

Good morning,

I have no control over the management of the community forum posts so unfortunately I just have to respond and provide my assistance as new ones are being created in the forum.

Having said that, let me explain regarding the fix release we did for all the desktop standalone True Key application users, on Monday we targeted the majority of our users and today we released it for the remaining of our users that would have gotten True Key though a partner offering.

By the end of the day today, all our users should have received the new fix release for the desktop standalone app.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community