cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
globalfx1
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

True Key recently started generating message slowed script on Firefox browser (while using Facebook)

Came on suddenly after several years of faultless performance. Seems like something updated and they don't like each other.

Turned off Firefox Truekey extension fixed the problem.

10 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: True Key recently started generating message slowed script on Firefox browser (while using Faceb

Thanks for letting me know this, I am investigating it and hopefully I will have more setails to share soon.

Thanks again,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 11

Re: True Key recently started generating message slowed script on Firefox browser (while using Faceb

Hi again,

Can you please share a screenshot or a video capture of the message True Key is generating?

Also please let me know the version of the Firefox True Key extension and the version of the Firefox browser.

Thanks,

Marc D.

SteveC
Contributor II
Message 4 of 11

It's not only Firefox, it's ALL browsers. I've had to disable it or use Facebook only in a "Private" window where True Key is disabled.

This is not a new problem from what I can see and needs action as it's taken me weeks of getting fed up with FB, when, all the time, it's McAfee that I should have been fed up with! 😉 

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 11

Hi Steve,

I think, the performance experience you describe has been accentuated in the past 2 weeks which is consistent from what we have seen, we are aware of this and like I have said on other posts, we are in the midst of working to release a fix that will address this performance issues as well as other instant login issues scenarios we have had lately.

Thanks,

Marc D.

SteveC
Contributor II
Message 6 of 11

Thank you, Marc for an impressively quick and useful response. I so often wish that I had taken the plunge years back to go with Mac rather than Windows since that OS constantly seems to throw up issues.

Steve
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 11

You are most welcome Steve!!!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Good morning Steve,

Please check out True Key Firefox extension and let me know if instant login is now working as expected.

Thanks a lot,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 11

Good morning,

Please check out True Key Firefox or Chrome extension and let us know if instant login is now working as expected.

Thanks a lot,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 11

Good morning,

Please check out True Key Firefox or Chrome extension and let us know if instant login is now working as expected.

Thanks a lot,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community