cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinInToronto
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: True Key - "That did not work"

This is happening to me as well on one of my laptops but the other Mac and my Phone is fine.

I have reinstalled and rebooted many times.

Opened 2 support tickets so far and nobody seems to reply to the chat.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 28

Not sure what is going on with that, but fortunately or unfortunately the issue you experience is the same as the one being reporetd by other users on this thread, this issue has been investigated since yesterday by our engineering team with absolute priority.

I hope I will have news to provide to all this thread very soon.

Marc D.

brussellcards
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Same issues here.  Tried using on Windows 10 and failed.  Works without issues on IOS device.

randomuser142
Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Samee issue here wtf this is bs....!!!

iPhone verification not working on PC

randomuser142
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

Hey guys, I think I found a temporary solution...

Go into your iphone Trukey app..

Preferences > Security Level 

Select Basic instead of Advanced and then only select Master Password.

Click Save. 

Try logging in again on your PC (at least twice) and it should work since it doesn't have to send verification to your phone.

Like this answer if it works so others can see it too!

bagatini
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

It's work!!! Tank's!!!!
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 28

No problem, as I said this issue was treated with the upmost priority.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

strifek
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

So that definitely did help me log into True Key on PC again, I didn't think it would but it did.

So here's the deal for the people who are still having issues. For me, my PC has ADVANCED two-factor authentication (Password and Phone Verification). My phone only has the BASIC single authentication (Fingerprint). Following the advice from the reply above (RandomUser142) this is what I did:

1. Log into Truekey on my phone
2. Go to preferences
3. Switched Security Level to Advanced
4. Switched Security Level back to Basic
5. Set the Basic Security to Master Password
6. Log into True Key on PC using password (Successful attempt, no second device verification)
7. Changed True Key on PC back to Advanced (Two-factor authentification with Password and Phone verification - 2nd Device)

Now i can log into True Key on PC again using two-factor authentification and I don't get the "That didn't work" error anymore.

baconman37
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

I was also having this problem.  There was a True Key iOS app update last night that I downloaded and it fixed this particular issue.  But, to any McAfee techs on the board, in the iOS app, touch/face ID no longer works in this update.

I have advanced authentication (master password and touch/face id) enabled and with this update, when it gets to the touch/face id part, I am forced to enter my iPhone password every time.  I looked at the Face ID settings on my iPhone and True Key is not listed as an app that is using Face ID.  Please have the app developers look into this issue.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 28

I have tried the True Key on iOS and I was able to authenticate myself succesfully through the face recognition. I tried this operation a few times to ensure validity of my test. Please let me know if issue persists after restarting / reinstalling your app on your device.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community