Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 36

Re: True Key premium renew error

Jump to solution

I am still investigating this, the error involves different teas /processes that need to be verified in order to isolate the issue. I will get back to you as soon as I am able to find out more what's going on.

Thanks,

rtf007
Contributor
Message 22 of 36

Jump to solution

Hi, I am having the same error. I am trying to renew the subscription for the past 3 months and NOTHING. I sent an email to the team and I am waiting for an answer since 1.5 MONTHS AGO!!!!!!

Here is the email. Please look the data that I sent.....

Hi Rafael,

Let me enquire what is going on here.

Thanks,

McAfee CRT Team

Marc Dahan, MCP                                           

E-Mail: marc_dahan@mcafee.com

DL McAfee Consumer CRT

Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 9:26 AM
To: MB TrueKey Support <truekeysupport@mcafee.com>
Subject: I cant upgrade to premium

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 36

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I have not forgotten about the issue you reported to us and I am sorry I have not been able to provide more updates regarding this.

I can tell you that our dev team is working to fix this and I am expecting to get an update on this today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

AlGa
Contributor
Message 24 of 36

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem as decribed in this Blog. It's a shame that this Problem occurs now more then one year and it seems you can't get it fixed. I'm using TrueKey from the beginning, as it was named Password Box. The Service at this time was good, and even as TrueKey was owned by Intel it was better!  it seem McAfee has not really an interest to further provide this tool to customers.

Can you please provide the information until when you have a bug fix, would be just fair for the users so it's easier to decide for an other product.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 36

Jump to solution

Good morning,

McAfee is making great efforts to provide a quality product with True Key to our users, and I have been not only extremely responsive to all our users on trying to provide solutions when there were discovered but very transparent about issues we are still working on to resolve.

The unexpected error message when trying to renew the Premium subscription is one of such issues, obviously we are working on this issue still and the time it is taking to get resolved is related to the complexity of the issue that is touching several engineering teams. 

You would understand that to provide a timeline for the fix would be inaccurate, I can only assure you we are working on this with the highest priority and as soon as I have a more precise update I will let you all know.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 26 of 36

Jump to solution

I just wanted to provide an update as promised on this issue, we have identified the issue and the next step is going be providing a fix and releasing it to our users. I will let you know once we have a more definitive date on this fix release.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Winehorn
Contributor
Message 27 of 36

Jump to solution

Hey Marc,

are there any news on this matter?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 36

Jump to solution

Good morning Florian,

I will enquire if there are any new devlopments, for now we know what the issue is, and we are waiting that another team fixes it on their end before we can put the solution in production on a new release.

I will get back to yopu soon as soon as hear back from this team.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 29 of 36

Jump to solution

I have looked into where we are with this issue and I can just say that our teams are looking into this long overdue issue with priority.  I should be getting a more concrete answer as where we are exactly with this within the next few days. I will as I always do, update you all as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks for your patience,

Marc D.

Winehorn
Contributor
Message 30 of 36

Jump to solution

Still not working... Is there any other way to buy a key?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community