Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 31 of 42

Re: True Key overlay does not display under Android 8

Hi Warren,

This actualy helps, perhaps the issue is not version/softweare related but rather hardware.

We will try to test a similar device than yours LG V20 and see if the issue can be reproduced then.

Thanks for your reply,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 32 of 42

Hi Warren,

Quick question, what is the version of the Android operating system you are running on your Nvidia shield tablet?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 33 of 42

Tablet is Android 7, patched jan 5th, kernel 3.10.96+, build NRD90M.1928188_1065.2559, Shield tablet software version: 5.4(24.29.404.195).

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 34 of 42

Hi Warren,

There is a strong possibility that the issue with the True Key auto login is laying on the Android operating system that LG as a few other providers will customize. It is,  this customization that we are thinking that the issue is coming from.

We are going to investigate specifically how the customized LG Android OS is interacting with this True Key feature. As soon as I get any news on this I will update you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 35 of 42

Ok. Thanks Marc. Hopefully it can be fixed without rooting the phone and losing my warranty.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 36 of 42

Yeah Warren I hope so too, Samsung had the same issue a few versions back because they customize their OS as well, in other words they build some customized settings on top on the basic Android 8.0.0 and this is exactly what seems to have happen on your LG device once it got updated to 8.0

I have our developpers investigating this and I should know more within a week.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 37 of 42

Good morning Warren,

I know it  has taken more than a week since my last reply to you here but we been investigating this issue and more importantly how it could be solved, the issue as we know it was introduced by Android 8.0 operating system and fixed with Android 8.1

We tried different scenarios but the issue always remains with 8.0 and can only be solved when the manufacturer releases their new OS update release and you will be running 8.1 or greater.

I know this might not help you much but I can promise we tried a lot of things before getting back to you today.

Thanks,

Marc D.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 38 of 42

Thanks for looking into it Marc. That is unfortunate. Looks like there may never be an 8.1 upgrade for the V20. Seems there may be a push to Android 9 in Q3 though (https://www.theandroidsoul.com/lg-v20-update/). Not sure if that will help...or if I should wait to find out. A year of copy-pasting seems like a lot of trouble for something that seems like it should be a fairly simple function. Often seems easier to just remember my passwords (except that I've staretd using a lot of complicated ones generated by your app). What a pain.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 39 of 42

FYI, the PC version of TK isn't working to auto-login to this site (Windows 10 / Chrome). Might be a good one to fix...

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 40 of 42

Yeah Warren, It is defintely a pain, I wish I could do more but in this case is really out of hands.

Also sometimes, the cell phone provider pushes the manufacturer to release an operating system update if they hear a lot of users complaining, I would complain to the provider and maybe that gets pushed in the right way to LG.

Regards,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community