cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guzzynl
Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: True Key overlay does not display under Android 8

Now July 28, 2018 and this problem of the overlay not showing is still not fixed. I have a Galaxy S9+ running Oreo 8.1 and I have a Masters degree in computers and have tried everything except rewrite the code and I cannot get it to work. Give these guys another week to fix or I regretfully will hitch my horse to another Wagon. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 42

I can understand your impatience to see this issue finally resolved, believe me I do as well.

We are looking for the best option to fix the instant login with the 8.0 os, we did release what we thought it would fix the issue but we had to pull it as it created other issues.

I will update this community forum when do identify and have a release date for this fix.

Thanks and again I'm sorry that this issue is not fixed yet.

Marc D.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 13 of 42

It's been about a year since these posts started. I just upgraded my phone and now I'm having the same issue  What's got on? How could it possibly take this long to sort out such a fundamental problem? I'm using an LG V20. Please fix... or give me a refund so I can migrate to last pass. What a pain. 

Tags (2)
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 42

The login issue on the Andropid platform has been fixed for a few months already. If you would have followed the posts you would have seen several users reporting an issue with their auto-login feature on True Key a few months ago, we worked on a Beta version and on that version these issues were not seen, we did upgrade this Beta version to a standard version that anyone could download on the Play Store and as you can see all these issues reports have stopped.

Having said all this, looking specifically at your post, you said that you upgraded your phone but it is not clear if you upgraded your Android OS or the True Key app. Please let me know the True Key version you are running or confirm you are running the latest from the Play Store.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 15 of 42

I upgraded my phone hardware (to LG V20), and Android (to 8.0.0), then downloaded the latest release of TK from the Play Store (version 4.1.1.0). Not only does the auto-login not work, the face recognition seems worse than on my Galaxy S4. That was slow...but this is almost impossible to use. It seems to work well with the fingerprint though, so not really a big deal. Just FYI.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 42

Using fingerprint over face recognition as you said it might not be as important as finding out what is going on with the auto-login.

I am running 4.1.1.0 as well and I have no issues with it, can you see the True Key overlay when you go to any website?

Does auto-login work for some websites or does not work at all?

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 42

Using fingerprint over face recognition as you said it might not be as important as finding out what is going on with the auto-login.

I am running 4.1.1.0 as well and I have no issues with it, can you see the True Key overlay when you go to any website?

Does auto-login work for some websites or does not work at all?

Thanks,

Marc D.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 18 of 42

It works the first time I try it after a fresh install  Maybe twice. The instant login is definitely the biggest issue  Bouncing back and forth between TK and other apps to copy - paste is a real pain. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 42

So can you confirm that the True Key black overlay is present on the top right when the auto-login is working and when it does not the overlay is gone?

Also, please let me know if you have reinstalled True Key on your phone since you noticed the issue.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 20 of 42

Yes, I've reinstalled twice. The auto-login only works once after that. Maybe not even auto-login. I got the little TK overlay button that allows me to select an login once after each install (just after I go into settings, enable instant login, and add the appropriate permissions). I also tried to disable and re-enable instant login...but no change.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community