Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 42

Re: True Key overlay does not display under Android 8

Can you see the black True Key blob on the top right of the page when you go to a website that has a registered login in your True Key launchpad on your phone (as the one on my screenshot)?

TK auto-login.PNG

Also, there are 2 places where the True Key auto-login needs to be enabled, one is the one within the True Key app settings and the otehr one is inthe Android settings- accessibility- true Key instant log in, can you please confirm that in both of these places the auto-login is enabled.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 22 of 42

No, the TK blob doesn't appear. That is the majority of the problem. The "auto" login has never really worked for me, other than on PC (sometimes). And yes, I enabled auto-login in both the TK settings and in Android. Three times. Always the same...works just once. Then have to reinstall to get it to work again.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 42

Good morning,

Obviously, if this black True Key overlay is not present, the auto-login feature wont work. What is strange is that you are running the latest version where exactly this issue was addressed (4.1.1.0).

If you go to your True Key app- settings- scroll down to the support tab- tap 5 or 6 times on the version number and you will get an information output that contains version number, version code and installation ID. Can you send me this information to "truekeysupport@mcafee.com"

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 24 of 42

Did you get my email? Any luck finding the problem?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 42

Good morning Warren,

I did receive your email with the installation ID I needed, we are investigating what is going on.

This is very strange as it is a release version that has not show any auto login issues and we have not receive any reports from other users of the same. You have enabled in the right places the auto-login feature but yet you dont see the True Key black overlay.

I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 26 of 42

I have not forgotten about you, just wanted to send you a quick note, we are still looking into this issue and will get back to you if there are any updates.

Thanks,

Marc D.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 27 of 42

Thanks Marc. I'm really hoping there's something that can be done about this. It was so nice to have a working auto-login feature...I have so many accounts/logins...jumping back and forth between the app and whatever site/app I'm using is a real pain.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 42

I can certainly understand how important this feature is to you, believe me it is also to me and the engineering True Key team to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

I will continue seeking for updates throughout our investigation on this issue and will let you our findings.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 29 of 42

Hi Warren,

Quick question, do you have any other Android device where we could test the True Kery application and namely the auto-login feature.

I tried it on some devices here running the same version and I am unable to reproduce the issue, basically for me the True Key black overlay is consistenly present which enables the auto-login.

Thanks,

Marc D.

ArcticWeb
Contributor II
Message 30 of 42

I do have my old phone. And yes, it works consistently (Samsung Galaxy S4). It also works well on my tablet (Nvidia Shield).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community