Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonythetiger
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

True Key on iOS 11 (iPhone + iPad) - Safari + Chrome

Hi,

I use True Key on my iPhone and iPad (iOS 11.1).

Since about 1-2 month, i'm not able to use the True Key extension in Chrome and Safari anymore.

When I click the true key extension in Safari, it shows me that it try to open true key, but it stops (no connexion to true key as no fingerprint is requested).

It's the same with Chrome.

I try to reinstall True Key, but there is the same problem...

Is is probably a problem with IOS 11, because i try on an old device with iOS 10, and the True Key extension works !

Any solution ?

6 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: True Key on iOS 11 (iPhone + iPad) - Safari + Chrome

I just tried it on an iPad running IOS 11 and I noticed that some URL's have issues doing the automatic login but with others I have no issues.

Can you try connecting directly from the True Key launchpad and see if is able to login directly from the stored login?

It could also be issues related to specific URL's that might need to be optimized, can you provide those URL's to me and we can certainly check them.

Thanks,

Marc D,

tonythetiger
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

thanks for your message.

the true key launchpad works without any problem.

but i don’t like it regarding some screen optimisation, scrolling, etc.

i try with severals url in safari without succes.

for exemple : https://community.mcafee.com/welcome

Logiciel antivirus, sécurité en ligne, suppression des logiciels espions et malveillants | McAfee

those URL work with  iOS10

drmandel01
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I have the same problem.  Contact support and they have no idea as to why (reinstall, restart, etc.)  Finally got them to escalate it to the developers. Have not heard back and support said it may be a while.  One more mark against this product.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

I can confirm that we are aware of this and we are actively looking into this issue. As soon as I find out more about this, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Marc D.

tonythetiger
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

the problem seems to be solved since the last update of the true key app on iOS (04.12.17)

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Absolutely, we released a new version this week that aimed to fix the automatic login process for True Key on iOS.

Best regards,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community