Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 33

Re: True Key on Android Oreo

Hi there,

As promised, when i wouild have more news I would get back to you and this thread, if you have a Samsung Android device, I noticed at the begining of the week that Samsung had a security software update that was released on August 20, the size of this software update is about 221 MB. I have noticed that since the begining of the week, instant login with True Key is working as expected, please let me know once you download the update if you are noticing the same thing.

Remeber to enable instant login in TK settings and that will prompt you to enable the Android permissions for True Key instant login. Supported browser is Chrome.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 22 of 33

Hi there,

As promised, when i wouild have more news I would get back to you and this thread, if you have a Samsung Android device, I noticed at the begining of the week that Samsung had a security software update that was released on August 20, the size of this software update is about 221 MB. I have noticed that since the begining of the week, instant login with True Key is working as expected, please let me know once you download the update if you are noticing the same thing.

Remeber to enable instant login in TK settings and that will prompt you to enable the Android permissions for True Key instant login. Supported browser is Chrome.

Thanks,

Marc D.

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 23 of 33

Marc,

Thank you. 

I have actually just changed my phone to a Huawei P20 Pro. 

After disabling battery optimisation for true key all is working ok .

Fredaoviana
Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Hi guys,

I am using SamnsuS galaxy A8+ with the latest update done on the 1st/sept. I have just acquired a TK premium account and without any test I migrated all my Lastpass passwords and uninstall LP (I am almost regretting this now). 

Autofill doesn't work for both apps or website on my phone consistently. When it does, it takes me more than 10min to go back and forth between the app (or web) and TK app. I took screen shots of the long process and I am willing to share if you guys want... Thanks in advance for any help!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 33

Good morning,

Please share those screenshots on "truekeysupport@mcafee.com" and also send me along with them your True Key email address account.

Also let me know what you mean with "Autofill doesn't work for both apps or website on my phone ", are you seeing specific websites that won't auto fill?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Fredaoviana
Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Hey guys,

MArc gave me a very nice support and now it seems to be solved.

I had to set auto sign out on TK to a longer time (7days) instead of immediately. Although this leaves the app more vulnerable it is enough for now. 

Hope this can help. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 33

Anytime Federico.

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 33

Anytime Federico.

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 29 of 33

Is there any further update on support for native autofill, there are now half a dozen apps that sort it. 

Thank you. 

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 30 of 33

Hi,

Any update on native android autofill. It has been available on android for a long time now.

Thank you

Kevin

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community