Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MosesG
Contributor
Message 11 of 33

Re: True Key on Android Oreo

Hello

We are well into August now. Not wanting to be annoying but we really need some definite answers. This workaround cannot be intended for continuous use. Are you all waiting for the next Android version to get this resolved? It really is frustrating...

Samsung Note 8 user

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 12 of 33

I still cannot use true key on Galaxy S8 with Oreo. It works once the accessibility settings are turned on then does not work again. It frustrating as the web version of the app is good.

Thank you.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 33

The part that is not working is the instant login feature on your Android device, correct?

Marc D.

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 14 of 33

Marc,

Yes that's right.

Thank you

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 33

As you know we are very much aware of this issue, we know that the True Key instant login feature is not working since Android introduced operating system version 8.0

We are working to find the best way to fix this without affecting battery performance, etc.

As soon as we think that we have fix ther issue I will provide an update on this forum.

Thanks for your patience,

Marc D.

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 16 of 33

Marc,

OK, thank you.

Are you maybe progressing the autofill built in to the OS rather than accessibility work around?

Regards,

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 33

We have explored both options, and we will adopt one that makes the most sense without affecting he device performance.

Stay tuned hopefully we can release soon a fix for this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 33

Hi there,

As promised, when i wouild have more news I would get back to you and this thread, if you have a Samsung Android device, I noticed at the begining of the week that Samsung had a security software update that was released on August 20, the size of this software update is about 221 MB. I have noticed that since the begining of the week, instant login with True Key is working as expected, please let me know once you download the update if you are noticing the same thing.

Remeber to enable instant login in TK settings and that will prompt you to enable the Android permissions for True Key instant login. Supported browser is Chrome.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 33

Hi there,

As promised, when i wouild have more news I would get back to you and this thread, if you have a Samsung Android device, I noticed at the begining of the week that Samsung had a security software update that was released on August 20, the size of this software update is about 221 MB. I have noticed that since the begining of the week, instant login with True Key is working as expected, please let me know once you download the update if you are noticing the same thing.

Remeber to enable instant login in TK settings and that will prompt you to enable the Android permissions for True Key instant login. Supported browser is Chrome.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 33

Hi there,

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community