cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whatatime
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

True Key on Android Oreo

True Key Developers, its time to update the app to support the Android Oreo Autofill API. ts been 8 months since oreo has been released and the app still uses the "accessability service" workaround. I am going to move to a different password manager if you guys can't at least even confirm that you're working on this and providing an estimated release time. I don't want to switch but you guys are really behind on this. 

32 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 33

Re: True Key on Android Oreo

Hi there,

I can confirm that we are definitely working on it. As a workaround that temporarily fixed this issue for me is that after you enabled the True Key instant login on the device settings, reboot your phone and see if this time it is working.

If still not, let me know if is all the websites logins that aren't working or is it logins specific.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Tmjcork
Contributor
Message 3 of 33

If you restart multiple times or re-install it will work just once and then only on a browser login, it doesn't work at all with apps. If you go into trueky and tap on a saved login it doesn't give you an option of logging in via an app.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 33

Good morning,

I am defitely aware of this issue and we are already working to find the source of the issue so it can be fixed.

As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 33

Hi,

We are trying find best ways to fix this issue, I have a few questions that will certainly help us achieve that. What is your Android device? Also before, the Android operating system update to Oreo (8.0), was the instant login working fine with the Samsung browser or with the Chrome browser?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Guywilsonjr
Contributor
Message 6 of 33

I also have the issue. It worked on my S7. When I bought a new phone the S9 it stopped working. Now I lost the mainuse I bought it in the first place: auto login...

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 33

Good morning,

This is a generalized issue due to Android 8.0 that disables our instant login service, we are actively testing different options so this won't happen and the main feature of True Key Instant Login continues to work on your devices. As soon as I have more news about this, I will let you all know.

Thanks,

Marc D.

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 8 of 33

Any update on this issue? It would be good to see native support rather than the work around, which still doesn't work all the time!

Thank you.

kev_t
Contributor II
Message 9 of 33

Any idea of a timescale?

Thank you.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 33

Good morning Kev,

We are very actively testing potential fixes, I am hopping to have news soon but for now I can confirm we are working to find a possible solution for this issue introduced by Android with their new operating system version 8.

We might also release soon a BETA release to test these potential fixes before it gets rolled out to everyone, please let me know if you would interested on getting this BETA release by writting to truekeysupport@mcafee.com

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community