Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerimum
Former Member
Message 1 of 17

True Key not working properly on firefox quantum

Jump to solution

Since I upgraded to firefox quantum, my truekey extension is not working properly.

It will show the icon on the user/password fields, but that't it.

No auto-fill, and it also won't respond when I click on the icons to select my account(s).

Does anyone know if there's a "fix" for it? Or just sit and wait some update patch?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 17

Re: True Key not working properly on firefox quantum

Jump to solution

Hello Randal

Use https://downloads.truekey.com/firefox/latest/truekey.xpi to download the Firefox XPI file and follow the steps.

Regards

Farhan

View solution in original post

16 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

​  Could you please assist this customer ?

​ Could you please assist this customer?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
GaneshR
Message 3 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi Daniel,

Please perform below steps to overcome this.

1. Disabled and remove the True Key from "Add ons"
  2. restart mozilla and download extn from www.truekey.com
  3. Allow the pop up blocker and True Key starts to download as extension
  4. Click on "Add" once True Key app is downloaded

restart Mozilla and access to some websites and check whether you can able to login without any issues

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Thank you Ganesh

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
rsreed
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

I have a Service Request #: 2371559309 from when I did a chat session, but the last suggestion of "re-installing Firefox" did not work. I uninstalled, restarted Windows, reinstalled and it does the exact same thing.

I have tried manually enabling the extension from the main True Key program on my PC.

I have entered www.truekey.com/onboard

I have gone to www.truekey.com and downloaded

In all cases, I get the message "Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer." Then when I click on the "Allow" button, I get a new message "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to True Key

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
GaneshR
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

HI Randal,

I have sent you a email. Please check and revert to take it further

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

This issue is coming from Firefox. Here are 3 ways to address this issue to fix it:

1.      Close Firefox or just reboot your system and try again to load the TK Firefox extension.

2.      Are you using an antivirus program such as Avast? If so, please disable it temporarily and try installing the extension again.

3.      Please follow these instructions on how to install and manually enable True Key:

a)      Temporarily, open another browser such as Chrome, IE, Safari (don’t use Firefox)

b)      Using another browser - download Firefox XPI file manually from: https://www.truekey.com/en/onboard?distinct_id=TK%3A71832bdb-a7eb-4cbd-a369-60831c7215d9

c)      Remember where you saved this file, as you will need it at step “f” below

d)      Now, open Firefox browser

e)      Click on Firefox drop-down menu, and click on “Add-ons” icon. This will take you to the “Add-ons” page (See image below)

f)       Simply drag and drop XPI file (you just downloaded at step “b” above) in to the Firefox Add-ons page

g)      At this stage, you have manually added the True Key extension file to Firefox, and the extension file will now install without any issues.

Let me know if you are still facing an issue after following the above described steps to load the extension.

Thanks,

Marc D.

rsreed
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

marcd,

Tried #1 - No luck.

Tried #2 - Both during my chat session and after I re-installed FF - No luck.

Tried #3 - When I use Chrome, it doesn't give me an option to download or save a file. Only to add the extension. When I tried MS Edge it just instructs me to click on "more" then right click on the TK icon but no TK icon shows in the "more" menu.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello Randal

Use https://downloads.truekey.com/firefox/latest/truekey.xpi to download the Firefox XPI file and follow the steps.

Regards

Farhan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community