Did you mean: 
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 16

Re: True Key not syncing to any other browsers

Hi @DesertRogue 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We are looking into this issue and will update you as soon as we have a resolution.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

DesertRogue
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Thank You 

Gapster
Contributor III
Message 13 of 16

What is the status if the issue?

GChrisB
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

As others suggested, I tried connecting through a cellular hotspot connection. If on cellular data, True Key synced without any problem. As soon as I went back to my home internet connection (AT&T fiber), the sync error came back.

Sometimes when this happens, it is a DNS problem. So I tried switching my PC DNS to point to Google's DNS servers instead of AT&T. No change - sync error.

SecureFox
Contributor II
Message 15 of 16

That's very interesting: today I went through the signin process on a laptop connected through cellular, and was able to install Truekey on all three browsers and login was successful (I was able to add that login/browser combination) to Truekey. Logins were up to date also.

Going back to home internet connection, Truekey still works and is up to date, but it shows the 'sync error still. So this is good for a workaround but not a fix. I also tried ipconfig /flushdns on the laptop but that didn't change things. Maybe try the router next...

SecureFox
Contributor II
Message 16 of 16

Update: I rebooted my home router and now Truekey is syncing ok on the laptop I'm working on. You can even see the 'syncing' message come up and then - no error!

I have yet to test the other machines at home but hope to get around to that later. Weird - could it be as simple as that?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community