cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Fite
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

True Key master password not working

I am a new True Key user,  In the process of setting up my account after setting my master password, when it came time to login the password I entered was not accepted after several tries.  I followed the procedure to reset the master password, to something different carefully typing the password  was unable to login after several tries.  I attempted the reset two more times, but the new passwords are never accepted.

4 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: True Key master password not working

Hello @Don_Fite 

We are sorry to hear that you have login issues with TrueKey.

The password should work if its the right one. There might be  some letters mistyped and that's obvious. If you have a different computer/device, please install TrueKey and check if the password works fine after resetting it.

Regards,
Madhan M

Redgie
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

With all due respect, I am having the same issue and this has happened before. As the previous customer said, I have tried several times, carefully retyping the MP with no success. I have also reset the MP and the new password isn't being accepted. I am missing a meeting and this is very frustrating. Is there a direct phone number we can call? Emailing isn't very efficient when one has an emergency question. 

AnshulW
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

i have the same problem, after tying mutiple times to reset password, the new one do not work.

konvajw
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Same issue for me.  Master password isn't working on my PC/laptop anymore.....  It works fine within the Android app on my phone, so I know I'm using the correct master password....  Any suggestions?  I've also submitted a case to support and asked them to escalate to development/engineering since several are having the same problem, which is a big one!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community