cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcoacero
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

True Key integration with Opera Browser

Is there a plan for integrating True Key with Opera?

Is there a Beta we could try?

The chrome extension can be installed on Opera but it does not work.

Thank you.

6 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: True Key integration with Opera Browser

I can surely check if there are any plans in the short term to support the Opera browser but I know that in the past it has always been declined due to the low number of users that use it with True Key.

Presentely we do support the Edge, Chrome and the Firefox browser with True Key extensions.

Having said this, I will check as I said if our roadmap plan shows Opera browser to be supported in the future and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 7

Good mornimng,

After checking and as s I thought there are no inmediate plans to implement support for the Opera browser with True Key but I will add it to my own list, in case other users show interest for this browser going forward so a better case can be made to support it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

shed53
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Is it possible to have True Key integrate with any Chromium browser?

shed53
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Or should I say "Chromium-based"?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

Good morning,

Let me check this for you and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

I wanted to reply to your question regarding the True Key support on Chromium browser, officially we do not support Chromium with True Key.

It is interesting to note that Chrome is built on Chromium + more features, Firefox also has Chromium support, Edge is going to support Chromium, True Key is supported in all these 3 browsers.

A bit more regarding Chromium as a browser, as you know Chromium is a subset of Chrome, used by less than one-sixth of one percent of all those who ran a browser last month. While Chrome has more features supported than Chromium, note that Chromium's inherited instability being more buggier and prone to crashes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community