Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_185349
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

True Key icon

Jump to solution

The True Key icon in chrome on Windows 10 started displaying black with red 'OFF' instead of blue.  However True Key still seems to be working ok. What is the significance of the icon displays? Can't find any way to change this back.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Re: True Key icon

Jump to solution

Good morning Richard,

As I said earlier, Oi promised I would get back to you when I knew more. While some issues with the True Key extension not displaying the right status (showing off while you are still logged in to True Key) can be fixed by re-logging in to True Key, we have confirmed that this behavior might continue after that. Good news is that this will be addressed completely with our next release (4.16) due to come out next week.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

I will contact a Expert from the TrueKey team on your behalf.

​  Could you assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

The meaning of this is to show you when you are logged off from your True Key app. To get this synced for the first time you would need to log off and then log on to your True Key account.

Your off status icon should change to blue to show that you are logged on and whenever you log off it will display the off status.

Thanks,

Marc D.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Thank you Marc

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
codysydney
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks for this.  I went into the app, logged out, logged in again, and the icon returned to normal.  Some observations:-

* No help docco explained what the icon meant

* No UI elements explained that there was a sync problem

* Support chat was absolutely worthless, thank goodness I didn't let them remote my PC, who knows what havoc would have ensued

Given the timing of Richard's issue and mine, I suspect a change somewhere has upset some machines.  Only one of my many machines had this issue.  I suspect others out there will have the same concern, won't be able to find an answer either, and won't understand whether they are at risk.  Some documentation needs updating and preferably the app needs to make it clearer what this 'OFF' condition means and how to rectify it.

Cheers

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

I have brought your comments up to the Lead Engineer, perhaps he will add to this discussion once he is in the office. I might add if I may, that accolades go to MarcD as he constantly takes his personal time to add to the *TrueKey* discussions. In an effort to assist user's issues. Even on the weekend during his time off, away from the office.

All one has to do is go through the threads and see for themselves.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

I agree with you, lack of information might be due to the fact that this is totally a new thing introduced with our new release and that has been corrected already.

Please don't hesitate to reach us in case of any other concerns.

Marc D.

user_185349
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Yes, logging out and in again clears the issue. However, it keeps displaying the wrong icon even after that.  Today, I logged in Ok and the icon showed Blue. Then logged in to a web site using instant login ok. Shortly after I noticed the icon displayed OFF again, although I never logged out of True Key. Despite that when clicking on the icon True Key opened still logged in with the list of logins. Also I was able to login to this forum using the instant login without having to login again. So it seems that this icon isn't being correctly synced, and arbitrarily shows OFF when still logged in.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Good morning Richard,

Let me look into this, it seems we might have a bigger issue, I will get back to you as soon as I can confirm the problem.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Good morning Richard,

As I said earlier, Oi promised I would get back to you when I knew more. While some issues with the True Key extension not displaying the right status (showing off while you are still logged in to True Key) can be fixed by re-logging in to True Key, we have confirmed that this behavior might continue after that. Good news is that this will be addressed completely with our next release (4.16) due to come out next week.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community