cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STGH360
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

True Key face recognition dont work

I had true key face recognition come with my computer since 2016 and never used it. I used it once in 2018 but i removed my face off after trying it. Now in 2019 i want to try again..but it doesnt work. On the enter password screen in the users section i click on Ski the password and when i do it just shows Log in with your face and nothing works. I even try to open the standalone program and it doesnt open. I installed true key again, set it u, and go to the lock screen...THE SKI PASSWORD BUTTON IS MISSING!! 

2 Replies
Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: True Key face recognition dont work

Hello @STGH360,

I will like to inform you that True Key Facial Recognition is not supported for Windows PCs and Mac. You can only access your True Key Profile using the Master Password created for the Profile.

If you do remember the Master Password for your True Key Profile, please sign in using your Master Password into True Key.

Regards,
Felix.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: True Key face recognition dont work

Hi there,

As Felix confirmed, face bio metric factor is not supported on desktop (Windows & MAC).

We are working to make it compatible with Windows Hello on Win 10 but this will only be available in a few releases from now. In case, you don't remember your master password, you can reset it by clicking on the "forgot master password" link.

Let me know if you experience any issues with this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community