cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred_Lewis
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

True Key extension in Firefox - can't login

I just can't login in true key app in Firefox (actually used 96.0.3, but also previous versions affected).
My workaround was to use standalone (desktop) app. But since a few weeks the standalone app doesn't work but opens a browser window and requests to install the browser app. I did so but nothing changed.
I'm using FF in private mode.

Thanks for any advice

Fred

4 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: True Key extension in Firefox - can't login

Hello @Fred_Lewis 

We are sorry to inform that True Key desktop will not work the application has become end of life. Truekey will work only as a browser extension. 

We suggest you to follow the below steps 

Remove the desktop app from the device 
Ensure the TK extension is up to date and enabled on your browser ( 4.3.1.9331)
If you still have issues Please share screenshot of the error your are seeing when logging in to your account.

Regards

Magesh J

Fred_Lewis
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hello Magesh,

I 've uninstalled true Key desktop app as suggested. The FF-plugin is uptodate.
But there is no change in behavior. There ist still no reaction on left click at the icon.
Sorry about the requested screenshot, but there is nothing to show, no error, nothing.

best regards

Fred

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Fred_Lewis 

Thanks for your response. Could you please let us know the version of TK extension installed on your browser. Please try removing and reinstalling the extension and let us know the outcome. 

Regards

Magesh J

Fred_Lewis
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hello Magesh,

installed version was 4.3.1.9331. Just removed and reinstalled from downlodlink. I hat do install twice, since first time true key was installed "successfully", but neither shown at addon-menu nor in menu bar at first time. There is no visible effect in behaviour.

regards

Fred

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community