Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sal_Code
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

True Key extension doesn't work on Firefox in private windows

Hi.

Since the last year, I'm using the McAfee Total Protection 3 devices subscription, which also includes the True Key extension. The problem I'm currently writing is with the True Key product.

I'm currently switching my main browser, from Brave to Firefox, more particularly Firefox Developer Edition. I used True Key with Brave for the last year and has no issues with it, but now with Firefox I'm having some troubles.

Before saying something else, I need to specify that on Firefox I'm using some particular settings, that in this post I want to call "Always private mode" (Settings -> Privacy & Security -> History -> Never remember history)

I used the same setting on Brave and had no issues with the product, but now on Firefox, each time I try to open up True Key, it shows me nothing. I tried to search something in the settings, and I found the extension permissions. I enabled the extension to work in private windows, but nothing changed. So I decided to try to disable the "Always private mode" and try to see if the extension will work. Yes, it started working correctly.

I tried to reinstall the extension many times, but the issue persists.

Now I also want to use True Key with these settings on Firefox. Could this problem be fixed as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

3 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: True Key extension doesn't work on Firefox in private windows

Hi @Sal_Code 

Please let us know the version of the True key extension that is enabled with the browser and also let us know the version of fire fox. Remove the extension and add again to check if it throws any error message. Share us a screen shot of the error if possible.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

Sal_Code
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@Bharani_BD 

Here some datas:

1. Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition - Version 93.0b2
  2. True Key - Version 4.3.1.9329

I've uninstalled and re-installed True Key, but I didn't see any error message. The installation process has been completed successfully.

ST21
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I've had this same problem for about 6 months now as well within Private Browsing. The icon is on my toolbar but doesn't work (shows as a blue icon). However if I am in remember history, then the icon is accessible (shown in a dark colour with off on it meaning it is accessible). This was the first time I had seen anyone else with the same problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community