Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 20

Re: True Key: export passwords not working

OK, so there is a couple of things here, you said you are using True Key on a MAC platform, are you using the True Key standalone on your MAC or when you open your True Key launchpad (where all the logins are stored) is within a web browser tab?

Also I don't think there is a dependency of the type of the subscription in your case Fremium to b able to export your data. having said that I will check on that. Probably now it is just telling you that your True Key subscription that was Premium at one time it is now Fremium because it has expired.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

idjaw
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

I open the application within the browser via the extension I had installed. I can try with the standalone app and see if that works and report back. 

As for the premium portion. Seems like all my features are in tact except for adding new logins. So I guess it is safe to assume that I should still expect normal functionality aside from adding new logins. 

idjaw
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Installing the standalone app worked without issue. It seems like the problem is concentrated on the chrome extension. This solution is good enough for me. Still a bit odd the Chrome extension was not behaving as expected.

Thanks for the help.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 20

Exactly, all functionalities should be there even running on a Fremium subscription, only you are capped at 15 passwords which is not your case with over 300 passwords but obviously you won't be able to add any more data on this account (logins, safe notes or wallet items).

You have not the web browser you are using, is it Chrome, Firefox or Edge?

So you are running both application modes in your system with extension first (opening the launchpad on a web browser tab) and the standalone desktop application?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 20

Sure thing, I will verify this nonetheless as it is odd to me as well.

I am glad that you can continue on the standalone desktop mode with all the features working as expected.

Thanks,

Marc D.

idjaw
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

To give a full ordered run down of the issue: 

System information:

Macbook on OSX 10.14.4

Chrome running 74.0.3729.131 

True Key Chrome Extension installed only.

I tried the export functionality. It did not work.

I came here to ask for help. Upon your mentioning it I went and installed the standalone application. For some reason I thought you deprecated the application and only had web extensions.

The standalone application worked. The chrome extension still does not work.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 20

You are correct, the idea is to deprecate the standalone desktop modes to only use the extension first but we are not ready yet to go there so the standalone mode fully works for now on MAC and Windows desktop computers.

I will check as I said why your Chrome extension did not work for the export, I am able to reproduce it as well on my MAC Chrome extension and I am running exactly the same version of the Chrome browser and MAC OS X.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 20

Good morning,

I know we discussed this yesterday but when you were using True Key on extension first in the Chrome browser tab, would you be able to list all your stored logins in your launchpad by clicking on the small squares in the top right, this will sort the view to a list view.

Once there can you please make sure that there are no empty passwords fields??? If there is one please temporarily fill the password field with anything and then try again to use the export tool.

You should normally get a notification that you have successfully exported your data.

Thanks,

Marc D.

shed53
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Thanks Marc
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 20

Sure thing, let me know once you test this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community