Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npapachris
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

True Key: export passwords not working

Hi all,

I am trying to export my passwords from True Key using the Chrome exptension. I click on the export button and the type my master password as asked, but nothing happens.

I unistalled and reinstalled the extension but problem persists. I also tried to use the firefox addon but it doesn't even have the export button.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

19 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 20

Re: True Key: export passwords not working

Moved to Truekey as appropriate spot

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 20

Good morning,

So normally after entering your master password you will be unlocking the export tool and after doing this you should just see a small black popup on the bottom right of your screen, you are not seeing any of this? Can you still verify that you got no .csv file saved on your system.

I just did a quick test on my system using the Chrome extension and I was able to export the data succesfully. In case you got no .csv file in your system, please provide me with your True Key Chrome extension version.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

npapachris
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Hi, thanks for your support.

This is what I (don't) get when I try to export: https://youtu.be/YocyLd3okKI

Me Chrome True Key extension is version: 3.1.9219

Thanks in advance.

BR,

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 20

I will test further this but we match on the True Key extension versions and I can see the export option.

You mentioned you reinstalled the extension but did you make sure that True Key was completely wiped out from your system before you reinstalled it?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 20

Good morning Nikiforos,

I just sent you an email providing you a workaround option to get the export feature on your app.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 20

Good morning Nikiforos,

There is also another possibility that would explain why you are not getting to work the export feature. It could be blocked by your antivirus program or even by the Chrome browser settings.

Thanks,

Marc D.

idjaw
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Hello. I am currently experiencing similar issues. When I click the export button and enter my password, there is no indication that any follow-up action is performed. I don't see any extra button in the interface or any pop-up attempt. 

Would it be possible to be provided the alternative way of exporting this data please? 

Thank you. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 20

Hi Idjaw,

I am guessing you are using True Key via the Chrome browser extension, if this is the case, in your extension first True Key app opening on your Chrome browser, please go to your launchpad, change the view of all your stored logins so you can list them and check if you have any logins added manually that has no password inside.

We found that in extension first, if you add a login with no password, the export tool won't behave as expected. If this the case, please delete this login or add a temp password and try again to export the data.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

idjaw
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Thanks for the quick reply. I scrolled through my passwords and all the password entries seem to be filled out already. I'm assuming if they are populated with "dots" then that is a good enough indication?

I'm on a Mac running the latest OS (10.14.4), latest Chrome version: 74.0.3729.131

I don't know if this will help, but I am under an odd scenario right now. I had tried to add a new login and I was met with a message that I reached the maximum 15 free logins. The unique situation I am in is that I am an old adopter of this app and had premium for free for a long time, so I have over 300 passwords saved in my account right now.

Can this have anything to do with not being able to export my data? 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community