Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorudon
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

True Key doesn't work

Jump to solution

Greetings!
I have some problems with True Key. Well, I downloaded and installed it according to email and website instructions. However, when I start it on my laptop, seems it's completely doesn't work. The application opens, but when I'm trying to push the blue button (which stands for beginning with True Key) - nothing happens. I even tried to re-install it, didn't help. I'm using Windows 10. May it be a problem?

I'll really appreciate any help! I need to migrate my data from SafeKey asap. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dorudon
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

Re: Re: True Key doesn't work

Jump to solution

Thank you for response!
I didn't try your method, but perhaps it would works as well.
Actually I figured out my problem. Sorry, I didn't have a time to answer last week. Well, seems the problem was related to McAfee Internet Security which was in the process of scanning the computer or updating the version. At least, I think so. Maybe not... Anyway, when those both process were finally finished, True Key started to work without any problems.
Btw, True Key works quite good even wtih Firefox, so I'm so glad about it!

Thank you for help, guys!!!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 16

Re: True Key doesn't work

Jump to solution

See if this helps : https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us

Perhaps someone with more knowledge may pick up this thread and add to the discussion.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dorudon
Former Member
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

Thank you for quick response! Unfortunately, I didn't find any solutions in FAQ or Help Center, hence the question.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

https://truekey.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home

Try this link please. Hope it helps.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

May I ask also, Did you try using Internet Explorer or Edge when installing?

There is a Document that explains how to Migrate all your Data from Safekey > Truekey, I will try to find it.

Hopefully, Technical Support can resolve your issue.

Found it : True Key is replacing SafeKey. You must migrate before December 31, 2015

There is a new one that says Migrate before March 31/2016.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dorudon
Former Member
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Thank you!
Okay, I even downloaded McAfee Virtual Technician which found a problem with True Key (related with win registry) and fixed as well. However, the application still doesn't work.

catdaddy wrote:

Did you try using Internet Explorer or Edge when installing?

I don't really understand. What do you mean by "when installing?". Actually, I'm using Firefox, it is not a problem for me to change the web browser to Edge in the future, for example, in case if True Key will work only there. But I just downloaded install file for True Key through my personal McAfee account, they give me a link. So, I installed it through this file, which is not connected with any browser. And here we are... The application opens, but when I'm trying to push the blue button (which stands for beginning with True Key) - nothing happens.

Found it : True Key is replacing SafeKey. You must migrate before December 31, 2015

Sure, I did exactly first step from here: "1. Install True Key by downloading it from My Account at home.mcafee.com, or by clicking on the link in the email you received."
Now, I stuck on the second step: "2. Create a True Key account using one of the following methods:

• A new email address and password
  • Your original SafeKey email address and password"

But I can't do that, because the application doesn't work. Is it possible to create an account not by application?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

Did you contact support using the link I inserted in Post #3?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_118535
Former Member
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

Can you please let me know the version of McAfee Security Center.

Regards,

Manoj

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

Thank you Manoj

Cheers,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

@dorudon,

Manoj is from McAfee Support.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community