cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsessa55
Contributor
Message 21 of 47

Re: True Key does not autofill or login on Firefox 60.1.0esr (32-bit)

As I mentioned perviously, I reinstalled the client and provided a screen shot that True Key does not work properly in Firefox.  Please let me know what can be done to correct this issue?

Clearly, I'm not the only one having this issue, from the other posts online.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 22 of 47

I am a bit confused as to what the issue really is.

Let me start from the begining, what type of issues are you having:

1- Are you able to connect to True Key launchpad where you can see all your website logins or are you seeing connection issues to your True Key account?

2- Is it related to the use of True Key extension with Firefox?

If it is the True Key extension (2), can you confirm that same as for the other user on this thread that reported using the same version of Firefox as you, the issue is happening to some of your logins vs. all of them (can you please list the one you are having issues with if it is not all of them).

You also mentioned having sent a screenshot but I am not sure where, I cannot find it on this thread, can you please attach it to this thread?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 23 of 47

The launch pad appears to be working. The extension doesn't work properly with Firefox Quantum 63.0.3 (64-bit). I was able to find a couple of sites that it did work. But, for the most part it does work.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 24 of 47

Ok, so the issue is with the Firefox extension, I will look into this but it sounds that some of the logins need to be optimized to work with the latest Firefox version and the True Key auto-login.  It is not a widespread issue as some logins do work with this version.

In the meantime, please provide the websites where the Firefox extension is failing to auto log you in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 47

Good morning,

In the Firefox extensions menu (top right Firefox browser menu- Add ons - extensions), if it showing disabled please enable it. if it is enabled, then just remove it and reinstall the extension again from the Firefox extension menu again.

Please, let me know the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 26 of 47

Marc,
I've done that over 10 times. It doesn't work properly.
Jim
spaceknight
Contributor II
Message 27 of 47

I to have uninstalled and reinstalled more than a few times all ready

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 47

Hi Jim,

Can you please confirm your current setup, I know you are using Firefox and Chrome to connect to your True Key account, what I am not sure about is if you are using the desktop standalone True Key application (being started from your programs/ desktop shortcut) or extension first (when you open your launchpad it is within a browser tab).

I see several issues posted online related to this Firefox browser version which would affect indirectly our True Key extension.

Can you please go to your Firefox menu ≡ > options > privacy & security panel and under permissions check the setting to prevent accessibility services from accessing your browser.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

Marc D.

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 29 of 47

Marc,
Again, I'm using the extension, not the desktop app.
"Prevent accessibility services from accessing your browser" is not checked.

Jim
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 30 of 47

Hi Jim,

Please check "prevent accessibility services from accessing your browser" and see if this makes a difference on the True Key extension behaviour.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community