cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsessa55
Contributor
Message 11 of 47

Re: True Key does not autofill or login on Firefox 60.1.0esr (32-bit)

Please let me know where to find the fix for True Key not working with Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)?
Thank you.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 47

I am using the same version of Firefox 63.03 (64-bit) and I have no issues with True Key, I also downgraded it to 60.30esr and I also found no issues connecting with True Key.

Just to be in the safe side, I had this tested on other systems and found no issues with these versions.

My suggestion is to download if it is not done already the Chrome extension and once confirmed it works with it, please reinstall the Firefox True Key extension.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 13 of 47

You mentioned for me to download the Chrome extension.  Please explain.  Why would the Chrome extension be used for Firefox and how do I do that?  Please provide the download link and instructions, and I'll be happy to try.  I've been using - https://downloads.truekey.com/firefox/latest/truekey.xpi

True Key installs and looks active.  It's just never prompts for username/password when I browse websites that require authentiation.

Thank you.

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 14 of 47

If you're asking me if it works in Chrome, the answer is yes.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 47

From what i see the issue might be isolated to your client (PC) because I was able to use True Key with the version you mentioned and also witht he downgraded ESR version on multiple machines.

Pleasde reinstall Firefox True Key extension and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 16 of 47

I removed the True Key add-on from Firefox and tried to reinstall from Truekey.com website.  The screen shot belows shows that the icon is showing blank.  Please advise.  Thank you,

True Key for Firefox.png

spaceknight
Contributor II
Message 17 of 47

mine works on a few sites but it still will not work on eBay, Instagram, Newegg, Paypal, twitch.

on firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit) truekey 3.1.0.9211

and Instagram, Newegg, Paypal, twitch all work on chrome. eBay won't put the right password in chrome

jsessa55
Contributor
Message 18 of 47

Can I please get an update to my request?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 47

I will check on this for you, it might need to be optimize to work for all sites using the latest Firefox version or the other possibility is that several websites need to have their content script optimized if changes have been done by these webpages.

In any case I will look into this and will get back to you as soon as possible. Having said that it is a different issue altogether from what jsessa55 reported earlier, I believe in this case the issue seem to be bigger and touching all websites as he is not able to login to true Key using the True Key Firefox extension.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 47

Again, if the issue you are experiencing is that you cannot connect to True Key at all using the Firefox extension with the latest FF version, the issue is probably laying with your client.

My recommandation was to reinstall the TK Firefox extension since you said that it worked well on Chrome, I also confirmed earlier to you that I have tried reproducing this on the same version you are running and also downgrading it and I experience no issues.

Please reinstall your True Key extension on Firtefox and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community