cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprintrps
Former Member
Message 1 of 29

True Key disappears after +/- 10 minutes when PC is idle. How can I keep it on?

Jump to solution

Whenever I leave the PC idle for 10 minutes, True Key disappears and I have to log back in to reactivate it. This has been for the last week or so. I have the automatic sign out set for 7 days (as never is not an option)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 29

Re: True Key disappears after +/- 10 minutes when PC is idle. How can I keep it on?

Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

I wanted to provide to you the latest information i found regarding your auto lock issue. The issue with the auto lock is across platforms and browsers, this will be definitely addressed on our release 4.18 due to come out around mid-June.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 29

Re: True Key disappears after +/- 10 minutes when PC is idle. How can I keep it on?

Jump to solution

​,

I will ask a TrueKey (Expert) to add to the discussion.

​  Could you kindly assist this Customer please?

Thank you

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 29

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Let me investigate this, can you in the meantime let me know if any other auto lock setting is respected, example set the True Key auto lock at 15 minutes, and get your PC to go to sleep, and check before the 15 minutes expires if you need to log back in on True Key.

Thanks,

MarcD

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 29

Jump to solution

Also, by disappear after 10 minutes what do you mean, is the app getting killed or you just need to login back again?

Thanks,

MarcD

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 29

Jump to solution

​,

Could you please apprise us if you are still experiencing difficulties?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sprintrps
Former Member
Message 6 of 29

Jump to solution

Still the same issue. Yesterday it went away after 17 minutes. Logged back in and  Today it is still on but will not remember logins and passwords !! Do I delete and reinstall (for the 18th time) Why do I have this product???

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 29

Jump to solution

Hello,

I sent you a message here last January as I was trying to gather more information on this issue. I am following you and I would suggest you do the same so i can send you an private message,

I do not need you to reinstall one more time but this behavior is very strange. I need you to tell me what is your True Key auto-lock setting set at?

Thanks,

Marc D

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 29

Jump to solution

Also, please confirm what you mean when you say that True Key goes away after the PC goes into idle mode, do you mean that you just need to log back in or that the True Key app completely disappear and you need to reinstall it again (thus why you have install it 17 times). What version of True key are you running, it might also be that you are running an older TK version.

thanks,

Marc D

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 29

Jump to solution

Could you kindly reply back to ​ so he can further assist you?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 29

Jump to solution

Marking this discussion as 'Assumed Answered', no communication/correspondence since 2/14/2017.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community