Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 46

Re: True Key connection problem on PC

I thought you mentioned that it was working on your True Key Chrome extension. Let me clarify this, True Key can be run through either the standalone desktop app using difefrent browser extensions such as Chrome or Firefox and the extension first model which when you open the launchpad with all your logins it is only within the browser tab like with Edge True key extension.

My guess is that you are having an issue with the standalone desktop app which we are investigating at the moment, if this is the case, you can uninstall it and try to install the extension first, just by going to www.truekey.com using either Chrome or FF.

Let me know if you are able to do this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

franchais
Contributor
Message 12 of 46

Marc (this is the third time, I have tried to reply to you). Once I click reply, the message is "sent" but 10mins later, the reply disappears.

What you mentioned is correct. I tried reinstalling the standalone desktop app TWICE but the problem continues to persist. Not to mention, when I tried to redownload Truekey on the website -- "Download, It's Free" goes directly to the chrome extension. I have to end up manually typing "truekey . com / download" to get to the desktop download option.

Hope this gets through this time.

I rather use the standalone app. I don't feel as secure using the chrome extension. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 46

Good morning,

As you probably noticed there are 5 identical posts from you on this forum, probably a glitch while sending the message.

This is exactly what I thought, the issue we are having is with the standalone desktop app and we are looking into this since last week, I am hoping to have more updates soon.

Before visiting our website to download True Key, you need to make sure that you have completely uninstall it, you can also remove the True Key Chrome extension on the browser just by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right, more tools- extensions- remove True Key extension.

Then go back to www.truekey.com with Chrome and it should download extension first, you will notice that it is everything through the browser and there is no desktop True Key icon.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

SJK
Contributor
Message 14 of 46

Well, that didn't work.  I uninstalled both the desktop and Chrome add in, and just reinstalled the add in, and it still says I can only work offline.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 46

Please send an email to truekeysupport@mcafee.com. I will follow up there with you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 46

Glad you are back online with True Key using the extension first mode.

Thanks,

Marc D.

SJK
Contributor
Message 17 of 46

Hello, Marc solved my problem.  Because Add/Remove programs didn't actually remove the desktop version of TrueKey, he pointed out that there is a Uninstall EXE in the McAfee/TrueKey Program Files folder.  I uninstalled TrueKey that way, rebooted and the installed the Chrome Plugin.  It works now, but I lost Face log in on my computer, but that's not a problem at all as my office is usually too dark for it to work anyway...  Marc said that they are working on a plugin to link to Windows Hello, so it might work in the future.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 46

Windows Hello has always worked with Windows 10 and once it is linked to your True Key account and an additional authentication factor it can be used to login to your system utilizing the native authentication components (facve recognition, fingerprint or pin).

Having said that, please note that that we are working to integrate Windows Hello with True Key after the latest Windows 10 update -RS5 build (build 17763 version 1809).

For those of you that will experience the connection issues that SJK refreed to, please uninstall True Key dektop app and True Key browser extension, make sure no traces are left of True Key on your system, and install extension first going to www.truekey.com with your default browser (Chrome, Firefox and Edge). True Key will run on your browser only and not on your desktop. You should then be able to access the launchpad with all your logins on the browser tab.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 46

As promised, I wanted to provide an update on this issue regarding the standalone desktop app and the networking connection issues experienced with it.

We have already isolated the issue and the fix is planned to be released as of next Monday, December 3rd, 2018, unless if you have obtained True Key through a partner offering in which case you will be receiving the fix next Thrusday, December 6th, 2018, but the majority of our users will be getting it next Monday.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 46

As promised, I wanted to provide an update on this issue regarding the standalone desktop app and the networking connection issues experienced with it.

We have already isolated the issue and the fix is planned to be released as of next Monday, December 3rd, 2018, unless if you have obtained True Key through a partner offering in which case you will be receiving the fix next Thrusday, December 6th, 2018, but the majority of our users will be getting it next Monday.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community