cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 1 of 8

True Key button in Edge doesn't work and cannot login.

Jump to solution

From time to time the True Key button in Edge doesn't work.  Clicking on it does not do anything.  When this happens the only solution I have found is a full computer restart (restarting the browser alone isn't enough).  I don't know what triggers/causes it, but it means I lose all access to my passwords on my computer until the issue is resolved (via restart).

The symptoms also include being unable to click the Login button when promtped on a website.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 8 of 8

Re: True Key button in Edge doesn't work and cannot login.

Jump to solution

The following instructions resolved the issue, though it is akin to re-installing your browser:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/build-14393-edge-...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Micah,

I too have noticed that behaviour which is probably related to the Edge browser but I will check to make sure. One of the things I have found out is when clicking is unresponsive, if you double click it it should launch it, once this is done you can resume back to a single click.

Let me know if this makes a difference in your case.

Thanks,

Marc D.

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Double clicking does not work.  I also tried restarting my computer and it didn't get fixed this time.  I even uninstalled the extension and re-installed it from the Microsoft Store to no avail.

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

It appears I have completely lost access to all of my TrueKey passwords.  I am unable to figure out any way to get the app to open in Edge.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Can you try reinstalling the Edge extension?

Marc D.

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Uninstalling and re-installing the Edge extension does not resolve the problem.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Please send me an email with your personal info at truekeysupport@mcafee.com so I can try to see what is going on.

Marc D.

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

The following instructions resolved the issue, though it is akin to re-installing your browser:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/build-14393-edge-...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community