cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weust
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: True Key auto loger is flashing on and off in Chrome.

As responded by mail, I only use the Chrome extension in Brave.

tbird999
Contributor II
Message 12 of 25

I use it both ways - as an extension in a browser and the app to select and launch a site.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 25

Good morning,

If by using the app you mean you are still on the True Key desktop standalone mode, you would know by now that we will deprecate this mode by January 2021, we will only keep onwards extension first (extension only) from the browsers we support (Firefox, Chrome and new Edge).

The reason why I am mentioning this is that about we are approximately 2 months out of doing this so testing on the desktop app would be less important at this point than just making sure that there's no flashing with the extension first.

This is what we are testing now.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 25

Good morning,

Can you make a quick video of the flashing issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Marc D.

weust
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

I responded to you yesterday via the email you also send me?

Attached a video there.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 25

Yes I received it, thank you very much.

Marc D.

tbird999
Contributor II
Message 17 of 25

Here's a quick youtube video of the problem

https://youtu.be/n-Rv4NdkiLQ 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 25

The video will certainly help. What is the specific URL that you are using to log in with RapidBIZ that is coming up in the video?

Also, you mentioned having issues with IP's type sites login but RapidBIZ seems to be a regular URL login, are you having issues with both types?

Finally and to confirm, this behavior is noticed with your Chrome TK extension only and you are still using True Key desktop correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

tbird999
Contributor II
Message 19 of 25

This happens on Edge also.  The URL I'm going to is an internal url - 10.10.0.31....  this may have something to do with the fact that there are a number of the same URL - 10.10.0.31 but multiple sign -ins - as you can see.

Yes, I was trying to find an example of the other issue, had on one just the other day.  AND I just had an example of where I selected the Support Community Website in the desktop app and it put on the incorrect PW, went to copied it out of the desktop and it worked fine.

tbird999
Contributor II
Message 20 of 25

Here's one of the other problems...seems like TK can't handle the new types of authentication interfaces well.

https://youtu.be/E11-S9MkD44

All of these problems are very annoying, but I've got a lot invested in the storage of the credentials, so not switching unless things get worse. 

BTW...This was all on Windows 10, but his morning I was on my iMac at home and had the same problem on a Chrome browser.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community