cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbird999
Contributor II
Message 1 of 25

True Key auto loger is flashing on and off in Chrome.

I'm have problems because the auto logger keeps cycling in chrome and won't even seem to let me in the password field, 1st image,  Not sure what's causing this.  Here is what showing in the debugger - Network. - 2nd image.  I actually have to shut TK off sometimes in order to sign in.  I have already removed the extension and readded it....no help.  

Any Ideas?

True Key 2.png

True Key Image.png

24 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 25

Re: True Key auto loger is flashing on and off in Chrome.

Can you please let me know exactly what you mean by Chrome keeps cycling  and won't even seem to let you in the password field? Is instant login not logging you automatically? 

Does True Key fill the credentials in the username/password fields (what is referred to auto fill0, the next step is the auto submit which is when you are getting logged in to this website.

Thanks,

Marc D.

tbird999
Contributor II
Message 3 of 25

TK seems to work very well for "normal" websites/web apps, but we also use it for our internal urls.  Internally, we have addresses like 10.10.0.14:8080/cloud/login.do AND another 10.10.0.14:8080/cloud/portal.do - I may have different pw's for each and when switching back and forth, it thinks it's a new PW and flashes the bar at  the top ( I referred to).  It's like it doesn't store the entire url, but just the beginning, so it frequently gets the wrong one.  I'm happy to get into a go to meeting and help you see my problem, I'm sure others have it was well.  I like TK, but it sometimes very annoying the way it tries to "help".

weust
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

I've been noticing this issue too now for about a week or so.

Mostly internal sites here too, but using FQDN instead of IP addresses.

Haven't noticed it with IP addresses yet I believe.

The flashing means you will get the extension to show the logins that it can match, but you can barely select a login before it flashes/reloads again.

Even pressing the X to close it will just show it again.

It makes it really hard to log into a website.

The version of the plugin, for me, right now is 4.2.1.9300.
I do not know when it was last updated, so maybe it's not relevant.

Also, the browser I use is not Google Chrome but Brave, which is Chromium based like Google Chrome.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 25

Good morning,

I will look into this, I need to see how and if TK supports this kind of URL.

Quick question, if you were to manually edit your internal URL's, providing the full domain address and specific password, would TK then able to log you in instantly? In other words, for this kind of addresses, instead of having the app store the credentials incorrectly that you do this and see if TK is then able to log you in normally.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 25

Good morning,

Again I would need to check on TK supportability for absolute domain names sites, would you have an example of one that you use so we can check?

Thanks,

Marc D.

tbird999
Contributor II
Message 7 of 25

ok, but think you really need to see what TK is doing.  Like I said, I'll set up a goto meeting if you'd like to see it.  Let me know....Thanks.

weust
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Can I PM you a URL? It one that is used by customers of us as well, but I don't like to just paste it here.

weust
Contributor
Message 9 of 25

The credentials aren't stored incorrectly. If, big if, I am quick enough and can select the correct login, it will work.
But because it flashes/reloads/whatever so quickly it's almost impossible.

Looking with once of us will make it easier.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 25

Can you let me know if you are running the True Key desktop standalone mode where launchpad opens on the desktop or on the extension first where launchpad opens only on the browser.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community