Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nomis15
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

True Key app for Windows Edge

Jump to solution

Hello,

I tried to set up my Fingerprint with Windows Hello, but the the Website just shows the loading screen.

Machine: Lenovo Yoga 730 IWL-8265U

Fingerprint is already set up on Windows hello and works as my Laptop login.

Thanks in advance.Loading ScreenLoading Screen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: True Key app for Windows Edge

Jump to solution

Good morning,

The issue was introduced after the new Windows 10 Hello update. Our teams are looking into this but there no timeline as of now when it will be fixed.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Good morning,

The issue was introduced after the new Windows 10 Hello update. Our teams are looking into this but there no timeline as of now when it will be fixed.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

AM-Ten
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

Is there any solution for this available now? I recently purchased a Dell notebook and I'm unable to register Windows Hello as a factor. It's stuck on "Verifying it's you with Windows Hello".

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
BUILD 1809

Microsoft Edge version 44.17763.1.0
True Key extension version 4.0.9243.0

Thanks in advance!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Good morning,

This issue should be fixed on upcoming True Key release, let me get a better idea of the target date when this is plan  and I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

expat-cat
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Since the changes to True Key login this year, and the Windows updates, True Key effectively has no multi-factor authentication.  Face recognition with Hello is not working in EDGE, and it has been removed completely for Chrome running under Windows 10.

Any idea when this will be fixed?  I keep seeing ads for True Key extoling the authentication options, and reviews mentioning the unique features.  But they don't currently exist!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Windows Hello compability with True Key is projected for our next releases, in the next few weeks I will be able to provide a better idea as of when this fix will be released.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community