Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrc99
Contributor III
Message 31 of 42

Re: True Key app for Windows Edge

Jump to solution

Hi Marcd,

I was getting fed up with have to manually input user names and passwords so this morning I have worked through the Microsoft updates that were last installed and have been causing True Key to stop working automatically.  I have found that be uninstalling KB 4013429 and restarting my PC True kay now automatically inputs user names and passwords.

I hope this gives you some pointer as to were start looking for the conflict.

1900hrs.....180317 UK time........ Well Microsoft updated and reinstalled KB4013429  result was that True Key could not automatically fill user name and password details.  As there does not seem to be a way of stopping the automatic updates the only way of solving the problem is to uninstall the update on a daily basis.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 32 of 42

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot jrc99, honestly speaking it would have longer to find the culprit with the quantity of MS updates. Very glad that you found a workaround and let's just hope that it integrates betetr with our app going forward.

Thanks again.

Marc

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 33 of 42

Jump to solution

I just reproduced this and you were absolutely correct, after taking out that update instant login on Edge was possible.

Did you notice by any chance the same issue on Google Chrome or was this issue only on Edge.

Marc

jrc99
Contributor III
Message 34 of 42

Jump to solution

Hi Marcd,

I will answer your two comments.

I am glad that I could help, the work round is not perfect it is more of a sticking plaster on the problem. I don't think that True key will work better going forward unless Intel can find a solution to the problem as future updates from Microsoft will  need KB 4013429 in order to work.

I do not use Googler Chrome and it is now coming up to 23.00hrs I do not have the time to try. If you want I can try tomorrow and  leave an update.

jrc99
Contributor III
Message 35 of 42

Jump to solution

Hi Marcd,

0950 hrs UK time.

I have downloaded Chrome and enabled True Key, run windows update and installed the KB 4013429 .

In Edge True key still fails to input  user name and password, in Chrome True keys works fine.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 36 of 42

Jump to solution

jrc99,

Can you please PM me?

Doug

jrc99
Contributor III
Message 37 of 42

Jump to solution

Is there something I can help you with.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 38 of 42

Jump to solution

Good morning jrc,

I just followed you, please do the same so I can email you privately and explain.

Thanks,

Marc

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 39 of 42

Jump to solution

For your information, the issue with the instant login on Edge has been resolved as of this morning with the new True Key Edge extension.

Please let me know if you have any more issues.

Thanks,
Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 40 of 42

Jump to solution

Good morning,

A new True Key Edge extension was uploaded this morning on the MS store, please let me know with this new extension if you are still having the issue with the loading infinite spinner when trying to login to True Key.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community