​  Could you add to the discussion?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
properengineer
Contributor
Message 22 of 42

Re: True Key app for Windows Edge

Jump to solution

Problems here as well with Truekey as an extension to Edge.  It worked quite well on its own before being made an Edge extension.  It tries to load forever and doesn't ever get to the login page.

A distinct lack of quality control making a change like this without checking functionality.  Fortunately I have Truekey on a tablet as well, otherwise I would be really struggling.  Must do better!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 42

Jump to solution

I will check this jrc99, I need to see what kind of updates were installed and how this broke your application.

Marc D

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 24 of 42

Jump to solution

Can you please confirm what version of Windows 10 are you running, are you running Insider Preview?

Thanks,

Marc D

properengineer
Contributor
Message 25 of 42

Jump to solution

Hello Marc,

My computer has Windows 10 Home Version 1607, 64 bit with xp64 processor.  No Insider preview (I hope!) - I have enough trouble without taking on more than I need!

Thanks

jrc99
Contributor III
Message 26 of 42

Jump to solution

update 150317.JPG

properengineer
Contributor
Message 27 of 42

Jump to solution

My updates (Windows only) are KB3150513, 4013429, 4013418, 3211320, plus security update for Windows Flash Player.

There are dozens of recent updates for Office, and I have also recently set up a Windows E3 account with SharePoint.  This brings extra complications with unwanted Office software but hopefully isn't the problem.

There seem to be a few complaints being made elsewhere about damaging compulsory Windows updates.  Oh Dear!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 42

Jump to solution

I know that a very recent update has caused issues with the integration of our app and this might very well be happening to you, we are currently investigating this but for the time being if you never had a standalone desktop True Key app, you could go to www.truekey.com and download the Chrome True Key extension that works only within the browser. If you had a standalone desktop app, if you go to our website and download it again it will reinstall the standalone app.

Thanks,

Marc D

properengineer
Contributor
Message 29 of 42

Jump to solution

Marc D,

What MS got it wrong again?  Seems so.  Chrome and Truekey work together OK, so thanks for that.  And a raspberry for Microsoft!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 30 of 42

Jump to solution

We are investigating currently as I said different integrations issues with Ms Edge and True Key but I really did not want you to be down in the meantime, so I thought using True Key with Chrome was the best suggestion. I expect that within the next few weeks you will be able to login normally in TK with Edge, I would also try to reinstall the True Key extension for Edge, True Key – Windows Apps on Microsoft Store perhaps that will yield some good results.

Take care,

Marc D

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community