cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martyshepuk
Contributor II
Message 1 of 9

True Key app. Replace the word launchpad on the Android client with the search bar

Jump to solution

I login to the truekey app. It tells me I'm at the launchpad l at the top of the screen, i then have to press twice to get the searchbar up as it's buried in menu, Press the three dots, then press search? Either replace the words Launchpad with the searchbar or just have a magnifying glass next to the sort by AZ.

In fact the first choice on the menu after three dots is to send feedback not search???  It's like search, the most important thing on that part of the app is second fiddle. So send feedback i am doing.

#true key

Oh and the # to link products doesn't even recognize true key?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
martyshepuk
Contributor II
Message 3 of 9

Re: True Key app. Replace the word launchpad on the Android client with the search bar

Jump to solution

I think you might of misunderstood my feedback. It was a product enhancement suggestion. Swap the sort AZ which is on the front of the launchpad with a magnifying glass icon which takes you to search bar. Put the sort AZ into the three dot menu. That would make it more user friendly for me. Maybe you could raise it to the product team to put on the backlog for review?

View solution in original post

martyshepuk
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

Re: True Key app. Replace the word launchpad on the Android client with the search bar

Jump to solution

Moto G7 on Android 10

Ah, I've just found it where you said it's ok on your device. I had the display setting on large. I've changed it back to default and it now shows the search icon 🙂 Sorry to of got you on a wild goose chase. 

Screenshot_20200812-234423.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @martyshepuk 

When you login into true key app you will see the launchpad showing all your Logins. when clicking on the three dots it will gives you whether to sort the logins from A- Z as it will be ease to access. As of now we do not have an option to change the word launchpad to bar with in the UI. Please let us know if you face any other queries with true key. 

Regards

Magesh J 

martyshepuk
Contributor II
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

I think you might of misunderstood my feedback. It was a product enhancement suggestion. Swap the sort AZ which is on the front of the launchpad with a magnifying glass icon which takes you to search bar. Put the sort AZ into the three dot menu. That would make it more user friendly for me. Maybe you could raise it to the product team to put on the backlog for review?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

I totally understand your suggestion, but let me explain a few things.

Launchpad is widely recognized in our application across platforms as where all the passwords are stored. Not sure abut why you need to press twice to get to a search bar because normally to the right hand side of the top of the screen when you are seeing launchpad, you can also see the search magnifying glass.

Thanks,

Marc D.

martyshepuk
Contributor II
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello. I'm using the latest Android client from Google play store. V5.0.2.0

I don't see a search magnifying glass on my app regardless of orientation. I have to press the three dots to get the option for search.

Screenshot_20200812-223352.png

Screenshot_20200812-223403.png

Screenshot_20200812-223931.png

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

We are both on the same version of True Key on the Android. Very odd that we don't get the same thing.

What is your Android device make/model?

Thanks,

Marc D.

martyshepuk
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Moto G7 on Android 10

Ah, I've just found it where you said it's ok on your device. I had the display setting on large. I've changed it back to default and it now shows the search icon 🙂 Sorry to of got you on a wild goose chase. 

Screenshot_20200812-234423.png

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

No worries, quite the opposite glad it is now working as it should with a quicker way to get to your search bar.

Best regards,

Marc D.

Compteurdemots
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community