cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 23

Re: True Key added from LiveSafe, how to uninstall?

Jump to solution

​,

Glad that you were able to uninstall/reinstall your software

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 23

Jump to solution

That typing in the wrong spot syndrome hits me on occasion.  It can be due to a myriad different things the main one being that the page hadn't fully loaded when you started typing.   If like me you are using a wireless keyboard and mouse make sure they are fully charged and whatever software runs them up to date. Also check it's settings for any "Jump to" mouse pointer settings.  In the case of wired peripherals make sure the software is updated, settings OK and no keys or buttons are stuck.

davehorne
Former Member
Message 13 of 23

Jump to solution

The only time I have this wrong spot typing issue is here.   I even switched to advanced editing and still had the problem.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 23

Jump to solution

Sorry as I am might be jumping on this a bit late but hopefully it can help other customers wondering about the same thing.

True Key can be bundled together with Live Safe but it will create two different applications instances in the windows control panel, therefore it can be easily individually uninstalled.

This is also the same for most of bundled third party applications, where they can ultimately be uninstalled individually from the remove programs section in the control panel.

Thanks,

MarcD

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 23

Jump to solution

davehorne wrote:

The only time I have this wrong spot typing issue is here.   I even switched to advanced editing and still had the problem.

Then it's something beyond our control as customers.  It's the Jive software they use here.

If you can find some clues as to what triggers it you could post something in Community Support I suppose.

The leader will respond there hopefully.

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 23

Jump to solution

MarcD the OP said that the option was not there in the CP.  That is strange. A full uninstall worked though. Just wondered if this non appearance common.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 23

Jump to solution

I have seen this already a few months back, but generally if the installation files are not corrupted (which is probably what went on here), there should be an installation point created that can be removed from the control panel, looks like in this case, customer faced that situation where for some reason during the bundle installation files were not properly created this not having the point files in the add/remove programs.

Just my guess as to explain what went on here.

MarcD

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 23

Jump to solution

Ok thanks mate

davehorne
Former Member
Message 19 of 23

Jump to solution

Marc, when I installed my renewal of LIveSafe I really thought the program would just change the subscription date and nothing else since it was the same exact program.

The renewal resulted in the new program first completely uninstalling the old and starting from scratch as it were.

At any rate, the issue has been resolved.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 23

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

MarcD the OP said that the option was not there in the CP.  That is strange. A full uninstall worked though. Just wondered if this non appearance common.

That could have been because the system hadn't been rebooted since installation?

Or of course, as stated, corrupt files.

Glad things are OK now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community